Where to buy Victa Mowers?

jamesd

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackwater d and d hire they used to have the walk behinds in the shop but I didn't see them in there on sat . I hired the ride on As brushcutter from them , but spent more time under the bloody thing ! I've got to pick up a part tommorow so if you want I'll ask the owner if he's got one on fleet or he can get a trial .

Still can't beet honda,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Sort of right, and sort of wrong.

Most of the sub £800 mowers with Honda engines are fitted with the GCV engine, and to be honest, this engine is not as good as a good old B&S quantum engine or its newer designations. I would choose a B&S unit over a GCV anyday.

The Honda GX engine is the one that Honda made its name with for mower engines and is pretty well faultless. But due to its cost it is only found on premium mowers, usually those well over £800.

you can with a Kawasaki (imo) :thumbup:

Thats pretty well spot on. You cannot fault a Kawasaki motor, and, should anyone buy a JD C52KS, then they will get not only a Kwaker, but a pressure lube engine with an oil filter too.

So that will offer the protection on slopes normally only achieved by 2 strokes.

I see all of these engines every day, and the Kawasaki is by far my favourite.

Blackwater d and d hire they used to have the walk behinds in the shop but I didn't see them in there on sat . I hired the ride on As brushcutter from them , but spent more time under the bloody thing ! I've got to pick up a part tommorow so if you want I'll ask the owner if he's got one on fleet or he can get a trial .

Yeah that would be great. It would good to at least see one, even if not to trial one sometimes you can just tell after looking round a mower whether it will suit your needs or not.

Thats pretty well spot on. You cannot fault a Kawasaki motor, and, should anyone buy a JD C52KS, then they will get not only a Kwaker, but a pressure lube engine with an oil filter too.

So that will offer the protection on slopes normally only achieved by 2 strokes.

I see all of these engines every day, and the Kawasaki is by far my favourite.

Where abouts can you buy the jd from? there don't seem to be any sellers near me (Hampshire)? I'd like to have a look at one before i decide which mower i go for.