• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say second hand 346xpg

I've got two a 2011 and a 2009

One for good work the other for dirty/duSty/muddy crappy conditions,

Easy to work on, light, fast, simple and more importantly no autotune,

I had hellish troubles with my 560xp

Search for my thread " 560xp letting me down which ground saw now? "

The 2009 is ex environment agency and the 2011 was as new ( original bar & chain, only been sharpened about twice)

First thing I did was replace the chain to full chisel and get a Sugihara bar, saw so far has been faultless, starts when I want it to runs when I want it to and ticks over Wen I want it to

Josh

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388473402.860892.jpg.d02d025448397fc49aefe198c3d7b1ca.jpg

Unless you're reasonably handy mechanically and know a bit about what you're at, then proceed down the secondhand route with caution. I needed a bigger second saw this autumn and bought a very tidy MS440 and an even cleaner 266xp, even then they both needed a good going over and had a few niggles to sort out (Stihl especially) before I had them 100%. Not a lot of parts required, just little things here and there but they make a big difference and if I'd have had to pay for the work involved then the entire operation would have made no economic sense at all. Longer term I'll give it a year and see how they do, they're both sorted absolutely now so if there's no more bother they'll stay, any hassle and they'll be sold to make way for a new saw.

Incidently, that saw will NOT be a new 560 Husqvarna. I came very close to buying one but after ringing the two nearest Husqvarna dealers who both claimed there were no problems with ANY 560's and the autotune was flawless, I wised up and realised there was no way one would be worth the risk. It'll either be another Dolmar or Echo.

Unless you're reasonably handy mechanically and know a bit about what you're at, then proceed down the secondhand route with caution. I needed a bigger second saw this autumn and bought a very tidy MS440 and an even cleaner 266xp, even then they both needed a good going over and had a few niggles to sort out (Stihl especially) before I had them 100%. Not a lot of parts required, just little things here and there but they make a big difference and if I'd have had to pay for the work involved then the entire operation would have made no economic sense at all. Longer term I'll give it a year and see how they do, they're both sorted absolutely now so if there's no more bother they'll stay, any hassle and they'll be sold to make way for a new saw.

Incidently, that saw will NOT be a new 560 Husqvarna. I came very close to buying one but after ringing the two nearest Husqvarna dealers who both claimed there were no problems with ANY 560's and the autotune was flawless, I wised up and realised there was no way one would be worth the risk. It'll either be another Dolmar or Echo.

I can guarantee there is nothing wrong with my 560. As I said I've got 2 and all the guys who work for me have them and had minimal problems.

Well i have A SECOND HAND 560 and it is flawless no problems whatsoever:001_tongue:

Not knocking the Dollie or the Echo but my 2011 560 is faultless and a total stonker ....:biggrin:

Not knocking the Dollie or the Echo but my 2011 560 is faultless and a total stonker ....:biggrin:

With respect mate, but that's a bit disingenuous. Elsewhere there's a 20 plus page thread about loads of hassles with various 560 Husky's in which you are a very frequent poster and I could quote yourself many, many times from that thread in stark contrast to what you say above.

Now I don't doubt the fact that it's doing a good job for you now, but why would I want to run the risk of all the hassle you and many others have had when there are other alternatives?

A chainsaw is not supposed to be like a french car, .............or at least didn't used to be!

Oh, and in the interests of balance, I'd apply the same theory to a new Stihl despite having a dealer for them 5 minutes away!

With respect mate, but that's a bit disingenuous. Elsewhere there's a 20 plus page thread about loads of hassles with various 560 Husky's in which you are a very frequent poster and I could quote yourself many, many times from that thread in stark contrast to what you say above.

Now I don't doubt the fact that it's doing a good job for you now, but why would I want to run the risk of all the hassle you and many others have had when there are other alternatives?

A chainsaw is not supposed to be like a french car, .............or at least didn't used to be!

Oh, and in the interests of balance, I'd apply the same theory to a new Stihl despite having a dealer for them 5 minutes away!

On those several threads there are less than 10 people complaining consistently, on those same threads, people who are more than happy with a 550/560 outnumber those 3:1, and with any saw, you run the risk of a Friday saw...

And mine was made around the same time as jnoon's and mine is awesome

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App