xmas reindeer!!

delabodge

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delabodge, love all the deers, how long did all that lot take to make.

hi mate, do them when i get time inbetween tree work /pricing etc,and saturday mornings with the fire lit and radio on, soon rack em up,i think ahead and already have next yrs hazel drying, and loads of heads cut, i supply them in kit form to youth clubs etc, its a great use of old conifer, Ive cut and stacked all the conifer from this year thats suitable into old patio slab crates, i use gorilla glue too, a good tip for removing the horrible old stain it leaves on your hands is olive oil, slowly just rub it into your hands,doesnt get it all off but helps:thumbup:

Can i just ask, what glue does everyone use for the gluing the legs in and head on etc. I use that gorilla glue but find it messy and time consuming. just wondered how everyone fixed all the parts together.

I drill the head, neck, tail, ears, and leg holes using a 20mm wood bit, and cut the ends or the legs, both ends of the neck, ears slightly bigger then tap them in with a hammer, 7mm drill holes for the twig antlers, no glue involved other than the eyes.

I have made loads this year,and can really reccommend buying a veritas tenon cutter from axminster tools.

If you havent seen one,they act like a big pencil sharpener and will totally end the need for gluing.

Sorry i havent got the tech to show pictures of mine.

I use an inch one to cut the leg and neck joints

i have bought 200 sets of lights from poundland this year to add a bit of sparkle to things

I have made loads this year,and can really reccommend buying a veritas tenon cutter from axminster tools.

If you havent seen one,they act like a big pencil sharpener and will totally end the need for gluing.

Sorry i havent got the tech to show pictures of mine.

I use an inch one to cut the leg and neck joints

i have bought 200 sets of lights from poundland this year to add a bit of sparkle to things

Hi mate,I. Have the set of these,there brilliant, and I'd say about half the holes are done with these,but as I make so many different sizes, then some I whittle down, but still tend to glue em for xtra strength,:thumbup:

Bloody hell, i think i need to up my game a bit, lol.

I normally end up scrounging round the log pile in november, and finish them about now.

forestgough, thanks for the tip on the cutter, that sounds just the job for me, although i shall still glue as well.

cheers for the feed back chaps.

your outfits put me to shame, lol.