fiskars axe

HGBMX

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my one on the belt. You can fit 2 high lifts in the pouch and they hold each other in.

That is the exact set up I want, where did you get the wedge pouch from? Do you find it heavy having that lot hanging off your belt all day?

That is the exact set up I want, where did you get the wedge pouch from? Do you find it heavy having that lot hanging off your belt all day?

Yes it is a bit heavy but moving around it's a god send rather than carrying it all individually. If i'm doing smaller trees i tend to use a smaller axe. STIHL hatchet with a 40cm handle. When i'm using it i tend to leave it stuck into the tree and knock in the wedges and put it back until the last one. I also have a 5m bit of Yale XTC tied in a big prussic loop that i use as a turning strop too. Sometimes the tongs and pouch come off. Just clip the tape to a belt loop.

The pouch is an ASDA gardeners pouch. They have them in the spring normally. About £3 i think although i got mine for 50p:thumbup: there is a company that sell the wedge pouches over here but i can't think who they are. Its much better at carrying plastic ones than the hi lifts.

Yes it is a bit heavy but moving around it's a god send rather than carrying it all individually. If i'm doing smaller trees i tend to use a smaller axe. STIHL hatchet with a 40cm handle. When i'm using it i tend to leave it stuck into the tree and knock in the wedges and put it back until the last one. I also have a 5m bit of Yale XTC tied in a big prussic loop that i use as a turning strop too. Sometimes the tongs and pouch come off. Just clip the tape to a belt loop.

The pouch is an ASDA gardeners pouch. They have them in the spring normally. About £3 i think although i got mine for 50p:thumbup: there is a company that sell the wedge pouches over here but i can't think who they are. Its much better at carrying plastic ones than the hi lifts.

Yeah I've been hauling 2 plastics, a hi-lift and a heavy splitting axe around the woods and it drives me mad specially when you don't use it for a while and when you need it it's miles away. We are working on a big Scott's pine block at the moment which is on a steep bank and on the side of a field so the wind just hits the tops so most of them need wedging to get them going down the bank so I need this set up. I know someone who uses a normal 16Oz hammer but he takes ages banging them in and then moans about how much plastic wedges he gets through because the hammer destroys the ends. I might pop down to my local asda and have a look see if they have them at the moment. Good idea on the rope I have heard of a couple of people doing that might give it ago. Cheers for all the help I'll stick a photo up of my set up when I get it all

Got a weaver pouch from landmark, it's only done 2 weeks felling but it's staying on the belt! Swallows 2 wedges, files and chainsaw tool with ease, doesn't fill up and they don't fall out. I don't need anything else from it so all's good.

Slight derail;

Anyone seen / used the hard head wedges from beaver plastics?

http://www.beaverstateplastics.com/tree_faller_wedges.html

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App