Sums the police up!

WillTimberlake

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So have you had any direct experience with the police to foster this jaundiced attitude or are you just saying "yeah man" to some meaningless tripe you found on the internet?

I don't think anyone is getting too heavy about the Police. Give the guy a break. How often do we get threads on here where people get too reactive.

Let's keep a sense of humour and cut down on the crucifiction of those we disagree with.

Aren't we trying to encourage people to make comments and ask questions?

If your biggest worry is that people on here may have different opinions to you then you are having a wonderful life - enjoy it!

Merry Christmas

I don't think anyone is getting too heavy about the Police. Give the guy a break. How often do we get threads on here where people get too reactive.

Let's keep a sense of humour and cut down on the crucifiction of those we disagree with.

Aren't we trying to encourage people to make comments and ask questions?

If your biggest worry is that people on here may have different opinions to you then you are having a wonderful life - enjoy it!

Merry Christmas

The thing I don't like is that he has picked up on some internet tripe and in youth and inexperience called it a summation of the police with nothing to substantiate it.

Thanks to the police I recovered my stolen chipper, thanks to the police the scrotes breaking into my elderly neighbour got what was coming to them, thanks to the police. These are my real world experiences not some "Yea mate" to a bit of internet urban myth that's old as the hills, have a laugh by all means but keep it in reason.

If the man has a real gripe with the police lets hear it otherwise its just hot air and tripe

Treequip, Your experience was positive a lot of people on here have had less joy.

The police are under-staffed and under-equipped to do their job the way they would like.

Different people have had different experiences. The OP may, indeed, be jumping on a band wagon or maybe just found an amusing thing on the internet. You've made your point - it just seems like you want to bury the OP for suggesting a viewpoint with which you disagree.

I think if we all paid a bit more tax (if the gov't wasn't scared to lose votes over it) then we could have a better standard of policing, health, education, roads etc.

But that is just my opinion. Others may differ and I accept that.

Edited by David Humphries
Language

Treequip, Your experience was positive a lot of people on here have had less joy.

The police are under-staffed and under-equipped to do their job the way they would like.

Different people have had different experiences. The OP may, indeed, be jumping on a band wagon or maybe just found an amusing thing on the internet. You've made your point - it just seems like you want to bury the OP for suggesting a viewpoint with which you disagree.

I think if we all paid a bit more tax (if the gov't wasn't scared to lose votes over it) then we could have a better standard of policing, health, education, roads etc.

But that is just my opinion. Others may differ and I accept that.

Not my intention, it is a bandwagon urban myth thing, I asked him why he thought that but its all gone quiet over there

Sounds like you need a hand getting a massive chip off your shoulder. Calm down. We all disagree on things. Healthy debate is all well and good. But the last few things I've seen you write are just spoiling for a fight. I know I'll get some pointless dribble off you for this comment. But I honestly couldn't care less about what appears ON SCREEN. calm down and bah humbug to you. Merry Xmas.

Depends on where it came from, is it seasoned? How good a hinge it left, if it was recovered by a grab or quad, whether the branches off it were walked or run to the chipper, but more importantly was it cut down with a Stihl or Husky?

Funniest thing on arbtalk. Crack up

Treequip,

I am pleased that you have had a positive experience with the police. After my experiences ( some serious car vandalism, 2 home burglaries, a car break in and several attempted break ins at my office) I am more cynical about them, their abilities and methods.

Ignoring my own experiences, the attempt by the police to stitch up an MP over the Plebgate fiasco for purely political reasons, the Hillsborough cover up, kettling of innocent bystanders caught up in demonstrations (didn't one die after being assaulted by a delinquent copper?), does nothing to suggest that the boys in blue are the paragons of virtue that many think they are.

In my area the newly elected police commissioner is an ex MP who had some errr difficulties with his expenses and didn't stand for re-election to Parliament.

When my car was done recently it was one of seven parked outside a concert venue. Each "victim" was given the same crime number. A few months later the above mentioned commissioner was posing in the local rag bragging about how crime numbers were falling….lies, damn lies and statistics?

Friends of mine have their own tales of incompetence including one recent incidence of a theft of phone and computer that had the app that could pin point the location of the device. Plod could not be arsed to get involved and did nothing. How would you have felt if you had a tracker in your chipper when it was stolen but the police did nothing about it?

Another friend was burgled one night, one of several houses to suffer this fate. He lived in a village which has a single road in /out which is covered by CCTV. He knew the exact time of the breaking because the alarm went off. He told Plod and gave them details of where the CCTV was but advised the recordings were only kept for 14 days (operated by British transport police covering level crossings so the quality is A1 because they use results to prosecute anyone going through the gates on amber!). Guess what, they couldn't be arsed to do anything.

Like I said, I am pleased that you have had a good experience with the police but I think you have been lucky and others have not been so fortunate.

Treequip,

I am pleased that you have had a positive experience with the police. After my experiences ( some serious car vandalism, 2 home burglaries, a car break in and several attempted break ins at my office) I am more cynical about them, their abilities and methods.

Ignoring my own experiences, the attempt by the police to stitch up an MP over the Plebgate fiasco for purely political reasons, the Hillsborough cover up, kettling of innocent bystanders caught up in demonstrations (didn't one die after being assaulted by a delinquent copper?), does nothing to suggest that the boys in blue are the paragons of virtue that many think they are.

In my area the newly elected police commissioner is an ex MP who had some errr difficulties with his expenses and didn't stand for re-election to Parliament.

When my car was done recently it was one of seven parked outside a concert venue. Each "victim" was given the same crime number. A few months later the above mentioned commissioner was posing in the local rag bragging about how crime numbers were falling….lies, damn lies and statistics?

Friends of mine have their own tales of incompetence including one recent incidence of a theft of phone and computer that had the app that could pin point the location of the device. Plod could not be arsed to get involved and did nothing. How would you have felt if you had a tracker in your chipper when it was stolen but the police did nothing about it?

Another friend was burgled one night, one of several houses to suffer this fate. He lived in a village which has a single road in /out which is covered by CCTV. He knew the exact time of the breaking because the alarm went off. He told Plod and gave them details of where the CCTV was but advised the recordings were only kept for 14 days (operated by British transport police covering level crossings so the quality is A1 because they use results to prosecute anyone going through the gates on amber!). Guess what, they couldn't be arsed to do anything.

Like I said, I am pleased that you have had a good experience with the police but I think you have been lucky and others have not been so fortunate.

Unfortunately I have had similar experiences and worse, my friend was stitched up and spent 9months on remand and 2 miss trials before being released with no compensation, he intended to sue the police but was advised that if he did they would make his life a living hell:thumbdown:

I have also met some outstanding officers and had help from them on occasion.