How would you tackle this?

samiad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that would pull back into the wood, it would even give a little jumpy bounce at the start:biggrin:

for sure Stevie, but so long as you know it's going to happen and you're in a safe work position it's all good.

Is that an 'axe men' hard hat??

yup, for mistahbenn in the good ole US of A :biggrin:

Logger_work_and_health.jpg

For starters remove anything of value from the garage. I would set a lowering rope & pulley on a decent anchor to the butt, & then a tag line around the butt aswell. Pull the lowering rope as tight as you can & lock it off. Get up tree sever butt from stem while two groundies operate the lowering & tag line in an attempt to get the butt away from the garage or better still off. If not sever butt, lower onto roof & cut up & remove.

Thanks for all the great responses, I reckon the thing might sprout wings and fly off in fear of the diverse arsenal of arboricultural techniques being mustered against it! Diagrams, Telehanlers....thanks allot! Theres a block paving driveway that leads round to the garage. Its narrow but could be a goer with some kind of a big ass forklift or something but im feeling up for the climb, it must die clean!

I'm just outside Manchester, thanks for all the offers of help but Im pretty confident I can tackle it now. I suppose you could say Im not quite ready for it but im not far off and I felt like I could have maybe done it there and then but was a bit wary and a tad intimidated so i thought I'd back off and consult the troops before recommencing battle!

i'l keep you all informed with how it goes, be after christmas but i'l try and make a video! cheers!