Trailer alarms/security products.

Pigglet

We had a visit from some scrotes through the night, they've been active in the area but we've not had any bother untill now.

We have an Ifor horsebox that is parked on the drive, has a wheel clamp on and is right under our bedroom window.

It was tampered with last night, normally I hear anything unusual outside but it was so windy last night I didn't hear anything.

Are there any motion triggered alarms or hitch locks and alarm combos that are worth investing in? If it makes a loud shriek when moved that would probably be enough to let me know some one is up to no good.

I just bought this 2X Wireless Remote Control Door Window Vibration Security Detector Burglar Alarm | eBay. Only had it a few weeks but appears to work. Seems quite sensitive as dropped a pallet near the trailer and this set it off but too date has not gone off without reason. The magnets on it are rubbish and fall off so another form of fixing would be recommended. I should add that I was not trying to buy something so cheap but could not find anything else.

Just noticed the writing over the image on Ebay. Chris and Silky should get one :lol:

Also found this http://www.easylocks.co.uk/lock-alarm-xt-cable-alarm-alarms-p-3418.html

Edited by Woodworks

I just bought this 2X Wireless Remote Control Door Window Vibration Security Detector Burglar Alarm | eBay. Only had it a few weeks but appears to work. Seems quite sensitive as dropped a pallet near the trailer and this set it off but too date has not gone off without reason. The magnets on it are rubbish and fall off so another form of fixing would be recommended. I should add that I was not trying to buy something so cheap but could not find anything else.

Just noticed the writing over the image on Ebay. Chris and Silky should get one :lol:

How have you made it water resistant? Or haven't you?

Also found this Lock Alarm XT Cable Alarm | Alarms

Ta, Can't get on Ebay at work but will have a look when I get home.

Secure a long length of chain to a lump of concrete and attach other end to the trailer chassis. Cover up the slack length of chain so it can't be seen in the dark. When he's hitched up and pulls hard away with your trailer he'll tear his chassis off his new van.

Secure a long length of chain to a lump of concrete and attach other end to the trailer chassis. Cover up the slack length of chain so it can't be seen in the dark. When he's hitched up and pulls hard away with your trailer he'll tear his chassis off his new van.

Won't that wreck the trailer as well?