Skin reaction to eucalyptus

nipski

My father in law was logging a eucalyptus and seems to have had a flare up on his hands. Red swollen blotches and tender dr. Can't do anything. Has anyone had the same happen? I have never had any probs so don't know what to suggest apart from aloe etc...

My girlfriend has a pretty severe reaction to willow, not skin related but breathing problems and a host of other things.

But we think it is more likely to be mould spores on it

Bloody annoying as I have about 7 ton of the stuff cut up for the log burner :(

I used to live in oz and worked in a particular area a few hours from Melbourne and everytime I was there I would get this reaction to the gums on this one site, dunno if it's related but I've definitely had this before I used loads of water straight away then some aloe Vera cream rubbish and that sorted it.

"Eucalyptus can cause dermatological side-effects. It is concluded that adverse effects of herbal medicines are an important albeit neglected subject in dermatology, which deserves further systematic investigation.

- Br J Dermatol 2000 Nov;143(5):923-9 -- Adverse effects of herbal drugs in dermatology. -- Ernst E."

Found this, there are other articles about allergic reactions to eucalyptus .

Google "Eucalyptus allergic reaction", there is lots about it.

H-A

Edited by H-A
edit