Work lights

markieg31

I dont know about you but my time in arb has done some strange things to me.

I have developed a fettish for work lights flashing beacons and hi-viz!!

the more the better!!

Anyhow, enough about my nocturnal activities, i am after some work lights for my truck.

Obviously if i had loads of money i could buy some top of the range jobs but i am after the best value for money.

What do you guys recommend or use???

Maybe some pictures of your trucks as well. Happy Days...:thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about you but my time in arb has done some strange things to me.

I have developed a fettish for work lights flashing beacons and hi-viz!!

the more the better!!

Anyhow, enough about my nocturnal activities, i am after some work lights for my truck.

Obviously if i had loads of money i could buy some top of the range jobs but i am after the best value for money.

What do you guys recommend or use???

Maybe some pictures of your trucks as well. Happy Days...:thumbup::thumbup:

There is a difference between a work light and a spot light . The work lights on our truck throw a shorter beam over a wider area and dont melt your retinas when you turn around to face them. Spots are a driving lamp. If you look at the lens on a work light they have a crosshatching type of diffuser, so it depends on what you want it for.

Bob

I hear what you are saying their bob.

I have some great spot lights to go on the front but need an A/ nudge bar to hang them off, otherwise they look a bit silly.

Was thinking more of a work lamp, durable with a good spread of light to assist with night time tree and farm work.

What Flashers and beacons are people using?? To add to the kaos!

Yes, they weren't cheap - circa £170 each.....But they are bombproof, draw very little power and have a range of about 400m. I got the marine version, so powdercoated and rated waterproof. Speak to Jake at Devon 4x4

Sent from my iPad protected by bombproof Lifeproof Case

I recommend the Britax LED beacon. I've fitted these to my friends two trucks and the look the business.

I've got two 8 led work lights on the back of the defender and run them from a second battery. I left them on for a few hours the other week without flattening the battery where the old halogen ones I would only get a couple of hours out of before they where dead.

Hope this helps

Martin