ms441cm or 576xp autotune?

northman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 576xpg auto tune. Fantastic saw with an 18" bar on. Would balance better with a 20". Handles like a much smaller saw. I originally had a 576xpg non auto tune but something went bang and came out under the exhaust through the oil tank. It was 1 year and a month old, Husky took it back as they were interested in what went wrong. Later a brand new 576xpg auto tune showed up as a replacement.

cheers for the reply! how are you getting on with your replacement 576xpg? I'm liking the sound of the 576xp autotune but I'm a little concerned about the reliability, I know I could go down the 372xp/ms461 route but really fancied getting one of the new tech saws with less vibes.

I had a 441 and had nothing but bother with it , it along with a 261 nearly put me off Stihl for life , I would go for the 576 .

i would say the opposite but I suppose saws are like cars, you will always get bad ones. I read the 261 comments on here all the time but touch wood mine has given two years of good service.

I have a 441 mtronic with a 20" and love it mainly due to the acceleration.

Having said that I have not used the Husky equivalent, lots of lads use Husky around here but I think they are scared of the technology!

first Just like to thanks to that all that replied to this post, and merry Christmas and happy new year to every one, that said I paid a visit to my local stihl/Husqvarna dealer just before the holidays started he had a 372xp and 441cm there, now I liked the feel of the 441 more than the 372 in hand but he also suggested looking into the ms461, so any thoughts anyone?

he also mentioned the 661 but I'm thinking that it may just be to much saw when it becomes available again, although it does sound good, after all bigger is always better. that's what the wife says anyway:tongue_smilie:

Absolutely love my 576xp, handles the 24 inch bar with ease, also have an 18 for it which just rips through the wood. It's 2 years old now and I've had no bother with it :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It's great to hear your 576 has been trouble free, there is another dealer fairly local who has one in stock, so I'll be down there after the holidays to check it out, but it is on my short list, if it's anything like my 560 it'll put a huge smile on my face.