Verticle or horizontal log splitter?

Pigglet

Whats the general consensus on verticle Versus horizontal splitters.

I'm after a tractor mounted log splitter for domestic use splitting arb waste.

A friend has a Major LS2000 which I have used and whilst it's much quicker than an axe I find I need to twist to hold the log in place to stop it dropping off the beam with one hand and operate the spool V/V with the other so I end up being a bit twisted.

It's also not much cop on big discs for obvious reasons but as I don't get loads of big discs I'm not too worried about that. It is fast though and I can split nice long lengths.

The verticle units look like the would split heavier logs but don't look as fast or comfortable to use??? I've not used one.

I'm thinking about getting either the major LS2000 or 3000 as they seem well made for the money.

Atkins Farm Machinery

Anyone got any opinions?