Winch.. Tirfor or...?

Eastern

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can afford a tirfor get one as the quality is top notch and they last forever and hold their value too.

I use to have a jet hoist winch until some relived me of it. Couldn't fault it did what it needed to do and ment i spent a lot less. 90% of the time have a 3pl winch around so haven't bothered to replace it.

We have the heavy duty big Tifor and the Tu16 . Also bought a small 800kg jet winch . The winch which is used the most by far is the Tu16 . I find the big heavy duty Tifor is hard work ie pulling the cable through and just carrying the blighter about. If I had to choose one out of the three above for general tree work it would be the Tu16 Tirfor .

Ace winch which is another name for the Jet winch. Had it over 2 years now 1.6 lift, 2.5 pull as mentioned above.

Cant fault it and has been used many times. Get a bag of shear pins if you get one, although I've only burst one, and that was with two of us pulling on the handle at full extent.

Easy to dismantle, clean and regrease.

Securefix Direct as the link above. They do strops too. (other shops are available - think Jonesie does them too)

Lug alls are a compact winch and are very light and are ideal for hung up softwoods...

Tend to be less power but less weight...

Mine is 500kg pull I think.. The one with blue handles..

The red handle ones are slightly bigger at about 1500-2000 kg pull?!

eBay search them I was going to buy one new from the USA for about £150 inc. p+p if memory serves..

I got a used one from eBay for £80 all in.. Just save it in your searches so when one comes up you know..