husky t540 repairs

waitey

what are people thoughts on the new husky top handle when it eventually breaks down? Dont own one yet but i intend to. I was impressed by performance but iv never had to give my 200t to anybody to repair like most people on here iv fixed it myself. Thoughts please...

what are people thoughts on the new husky top handle when it eventually breaks down? Dont own one yet but i intend to. I was impressed by performance but iv never had to give my 200t to anybody to repair like most people on here iv fixed it myself. Thoughts please...

Had mine since the instant they came out . Replaced one av spring on the underside / rear . It got bent . Other than that its not broken down ........I think it will be a dealer job unless any budding engineers can get the software for their pc .

Had mine since the instant they came out . Replaced one av spring on the underside / rear . It got bent . Other than that its not broken down ........I think it will be a dealer job unless any budding engineers can get the software for their pc .

The software is expensive tbh, £350+ for my local to buy in, unless you get A/T saws in to fix by the load, it's a bit steep! But if it's not the electrics, then anyone can fix it

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm with swinny...there's going to be a lot of guys keeping 200t's running. Bit depressing to think that the new saws are going to have to be sent away to be repaired.

You will not need to send these new saws away to be repaired, I just had to gut a T 540 and found it an easy saw to work on and strip down. So they are just as serviceable as any other saw. Apart from tuning and the piezo electric adjusters, so let's wait and see how reliable they are.

You will not need to send these new saws away to be repaired, I just had to gut a T 540 and found it an easy saw to work on and strip down. So they are just as serviceable as any other saw. Apart from tuning and the piezo electric adjusters, so let's wait and see how reliable they are.

Well that's good to hear...but what happens when the electronic adjusters pack up...you quite often have to put a tuning screw driver to the 200's

Well that's good to hear...but what happens when the electronic adjusters pack up...you quite often have to put a tuning screw driver to the 200's

That is the unknown, only time will tell how robust the auto tune system is.

People seem to forget how unreliable the 200t carbs could be, once ours played up rather than reach for the tuning screw driver we'd bin the piece of crap carb with the damn accelerator pump and source an original carb fitted to the first 200t's these were far more reliable.