B+E passed!

zeroluke

Passed my trailer test on tuesday morning! I got 2 minors which is nothing really. Its another ticket to me name, well worth the money, though 115 quid for the test fee is steep! My pickups combined mass is 5 ton, the vehicle gross weight is 2.7 ton but it weights 1.6T or so empty. What does that leave me with trailer weight? Would I be able to drag a mini digger and stay within my limits? I have no idea on their weights. Thanks Luke

Passed my trailer test on tuesday morning! I got 2 minors which is nothing really. Its another ticket to me name, well worth the money, though 115 quid for the test fee is steep! My pickups combined mass is 5 ton, the vehicle gross weight is 2.7 ton but it weights 1.6T or so empty. What does that leave me with trailer weight? Would I be able to drag a mini digger and stay within my limits? I have no idea on their weights. Thanks Luke

What weights are shown on the vehicle plate?

beware driving hours regs once you exceed 3.5 tonne gross.

Hi. Ford ranger day cab.

As Difflock says.

Our ranger grosses just over 3 tonnes can tow 3.5 tonnes but the gross train weight is just under 6 tonnes so it cannot have more than 1/2 tonne in the back and tow the full 3.5. In fact though it pulls well I think the tail is wagging the dog a bit with a loaded trailer.

Once you go outside 50km from home it would need a tachograph.

did you do any training beforehand? I'm tempted to just put in for the test, is there anything involved which isn't obvious?

It's not a difficult test but would advise getting some training as I know several people that have failed just cause they weren't driving as the instructor wanted them too if you know what I mean.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I did mine recently,mthe reverse manoeuvre is a simple S reverse across a yard into a bay you have to stop yet trailer inside a 600mm long box can only get out and look once. Then there's an hour long road drive as per normal driving test which is the hard part and a coupling and uncoupling test. I did a bit of training to ensure my road driving was up to spec and passed with 3 minors. Beware of training companies so many try to flog you a big package and tell you that you can't drive !

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk