Level 6 Diploma in Arboriculture

hokum93

Is anyone studying towards this qualification? How are your portfolios coming on? Has anyone finished yet and received their diploma? (originally posted in wrong forum).

I finished at the end of august.My certificate came through this week.That was quite an emotional moment for me as that was a really tough two years.

I did this with treelife.And they were excellent as the course has a real commercial angle to it for the use in the workplace.

Hi APC. The syllabus for the level 6 diploma is available on the ABC website. To achieve the diploma you have to complete 6 compulsory units (including an independent research project) and 2 from 4 optional units. It is a mammoth task over 2 years part-time. I word counted my portfolio and have written just short of 130,000 words. Do not underestimate the work that you need to do for this qualification. I studied at Moreton Morrell in Warwickshire and am currently awaiting my diploma from ABC. If you take on this course, good luck, it is achievable.

Yep! All done and dusted. Marked and internal verification done. College applied to ABC for my diploma which should trigger the external verifier to visit and check all is good. Bit strange really as after 2 years the external bloke hasn't even shown up to look at anything??? I think the bloke who wrote the syllabus is e.v. for our college?

Yep! All done and dusted. Marked and internal verification done. College applied to ABC for my diploma which should trigger the external verifier to visit and check all is good. Bit strange really as after 2 years the external bloke hasn't even shown up to look at anything??? I think the bloke who wrote the syllabus is e.v. for our college?

I sort of got the idea that the external moderator was a bit more for checking that the internal moderating was right. Modding the mods so to speak. Davids got a wicked red pen aint he:lol:

Congratulations anyway, I for one, realise the work and effort involved. Definitely not something to undertake without a full understanding of the commitment involved.:thumbup1: