double cab or single cab pickup?

deezyboy

I have got a 2000 l200 singel cab carnt fault it al all, not to bad mpg good off road only thing that can be a pain is the turning circle is a littel tight. Agree with what they are saying about storage but I've always got around it.

Agree stongly with turning circle point! we have never owned anything but single cab L200's (apart from transits in past), but I think if we worked more often in places where your kit was likely to get stolen, I'd consider a double cab more secure. Its a drag not been able to leave things unnatended because all the kit is in the back of pick up, but you get loads more logs/chip etc in the back as a plus.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good mpg?!!! L200?!!!

I will let you know exactly what they do in a few days, I have used our l200 for a few weeks now and have filled it to the neck and ran it till the fuel light comes on twice. Its now on its third tank so when this is empty again i will do the calculations. I have not been unkind to it but its been used in fair mix of typical pick up jobs, not once been over 60mph but has towed for about 100 miles. When the guy use it it drinks fuel but they do drive like *****.

Bob

I drive a single cab Hilux, it's great for the work days but then days off it would be nice to have the twin cab I just figured there is no real perfect truck so I'm not bothered, plus side is I'm 23 and it's £460 to insure where as a twin cab was around £900

Well my l200 has been in the family from new and to a full tank of fuel I get 350 to 450 miles and at today's prices it costs about 78 quid to fill, that's obviously towing a chipper and chip.

I keep thinking shall I get a transit tipper or similar as my old pick up is starting to look a littel tired but carnt bring my self to it. Lol

I originally wanted an extra-cab l200, but settled for a single cab when the opportunity arose to get one at a good price. I bolted a sentribox x515 to the bed by the cab, which holds several saws/climbing kits, and has more than enough space for all my kit. I wouldn't want to keep saws and kit in the cab as it would always smell of petrol (not nice for the missus!)

Sentribox - Lead others follow The Official Website The Professionals Choice

Even with the tool box, the bed space is great, I cant imagine having a double cab. I saw a double cab navara on the road the other day with a 20ft ladder in the bed, tied to the ladder rack, was sticking 12ft in the air over the bonnet! Looked terrible!

If capacity is important, single cab. If you are not regularly moving chip/logs, and need the truck for domestic use as well, I'd consider a double cab (only 1 passenger feels very restrictive sometimes!)

Extra cabs are a pain to find, I wanted an extra cab ranger because of the half-door at the back, but they seem to be super rare!

Not even sure how much mine will be, can't see it being too bad though being 25 with 5 years no claims. Any suggestions on where's best to get a quote from?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just bought Aviva commercial truck insurance, got the price from down from over £1000 (swinton) to £181!!! second vehicle was even cheaper, both are fully comp and insured NCB. But only designated drivers.