Van engine issue

Rich2484

This van tipper is old school as tree quip said. Now laptop confections, the only electrics are standard stuff.

It does it in or out of gear, moving or not.

Does it have an intercooler are the hoses split or collapsing inside under load. The inner and outer hose part part company inside then block the hose. Weak lift pump? Does the engine smoke from the crankcase breather. white smoke unburnt diesel which could be poor compression or blown head gasket. Could be loads of thing difficult to say without truck.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. Can we get back to old school please. There is no computer trickery on this van.

Edit. No from the crank case.

It will fire up perfectly every day. And remember there is no glow plugs on it either. So with low comp it wouldbe a pig to start without heatand low comp.

And the head gasket is not blown this I can be 100% positive over.

The inter cooler is also fine. The hoses are good and it works like it should. Have checked this aswell.

Edited by Rich2484

Ok. Can we get back to old school please. There is no computer trickery on this van.

Edit. No from the crank case.

It will fire up perfectly every day. And remember there is no glow plugs on it either. So with low comp it wouldbe a pig to start without heatand low comp.

And the head gasket is not blown this I can be 100% positive over.

The inter cooler is also fine. The hoses are good and it works like it should. Have checked this aswell.

I would not remember they dont have glow plugs as never worked on or owned renault. I would keep going as you are until you find it or book it in to a garage that is good with renault. I assumed it was common rail and about 5 years old.

I would not remember they dont have glow plugs as never worked on or owned renault. I would keep going as you are until you find it or book it in to a garage that is good with renault. I assumed it was common rail and about 5 years old.

If only. Older than that. :laugh1:

No glow plugs. Don't ask why, I don't know. It baffled me when I first looked at it. But hey oh.:biggrin: French for ya I guess.

They are really ugly and not seen many in the uk. But plenty on France.