L200 limp mode solution

D.M.Taylor Firewood Supp

Question

My 2006 L200 tipper kept going into limp mode ie engine management light coming on so lack of power.If you turned key on & off whilst driving the pickup regained its power but emlight would still be on.

After many an hour googling & arbtalking with people hazording a guess I rang a company called terraclean.They said they could sort this with a full system clean ie egr valve turbo waste gate clean etc basically a decoke.

So I sent it to a agent to be "terra cleaned" 1000 mile later & truck is running like new even though it has 97000 on the clock.

I would recommend terraclean to anyone

Twice I have had this issue, on a 2000 LDV Convoy and a 2006 Ford Ranger. Both times it started going into limp home mode, and after a few months cutting out altogether. Both times the culprit was the fuel filter. Interestingly there were no telltale signs of a blocked filter whatsoever. LDV is an old school turbo and the Ranger a common rail engine.

Did you not take it for a diagnostics test? On the LDV the diagnostics were no use whatsoever, as LDVs are basically a meccano set of whatever was going cheap at Ford that particular month. Only fault reported was 'cam sensor'- as the cam belt was done recently it wasn't that.

With the Ranger I tried the fuel filter first, and it worked.

I had this with my 03 L200 a while back. changed the fuel filter and was sorted. couldn't believe the difference just by changing the filter. The cheapest easiest fix I have ever had. Last week we had the same problem with our canter. Change of the fuel filter and she is going strong again. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the Jaguar with the same problem!!!

Truck was put on diagnostic computer numerous times fault code kept saying turbo overboost.Tried fuel additives new fuel filter additive directly into fuel filter.so basically tried the cheapest options first.One mechanic was gonna have me buy a new turbo!!!

Apparently there's no point putting new egr valves or anything like that as they will run 100% for a while & then problems start again if engine is coked up with carbon.

My solution to the problem has worked so far.

Truck was put on diagnostic computer numerous times fault code kept saying turbo overboost.Tried fuel additives new fuel filter additive directly into fuel filter.so basically tried the cheapest options first.One mechanic was gonna have me buy a new turbo!!!

Apparently there's no point putting new egr valves or anything like that as they will run 100% for a while & then problems start again if engine is coked up with carbon.

On some turbos there is a vacumn operated waste gate which sticks shut. try freeing this off.

Is your L200 a new shape on a 2006 or still the older model ?