Australian border control

Simidd

Does anyone know what the deal is with having money in your bank account to get through the border?

I'm going to Australia at the end of December with a few possible job links but nothing set in stone and have heard all sorts but a lot of people say you dont need money to get in and they dont check, any advice is appreciated

i am not 100 % sure if they will check but i will amuse that you will need a set amount to live on while you get a job or finalise everything when you get there so they may check it also they will look at it in they way of you have no money so how can you survive if you get what i mean most border security do it to stop people lying no money no entry is their usual motto

Does anyone know what the deal is with having money in your bank account to get through the border?

I'm going to Australia at the end of December with a few possible job links but nothing set in stone and have heard all sorts but a lot of people say you dont need money to get in and they dont check, any advice is appreciated

I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky for the Australian authorities to check.

My brother and his girlfriend flew out there two weeks ago and had no issues.

I've had friends go out and never have problems either. In fact I've never heard of anyone who has had their finances checked.

Daniel.

I travelled for 6 months in Thailand then flew to Australia, on exiting Thailand they made me print out my bank balance to prove I had 2k to support myself whilst in Aus, I couldn't print it out at the airport so wrote on a piece of paper £2100 and they smiled and said thank you! Brown trouser moment as I then landed in Aus with only £200 but survived for 2 years there! Best time of my life!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I lived out there a few years back, and they made the usual demands when entering the country. However, they didnt bother checking my available funds when i got there.

That said, its better to have it in your account and not need it than to get to the security gates and be sent back again!

I arrived last december and they didnt check my bank. One thing they did want tho was an address where I was heading to. The lady wasn't impressed when I told her I was just going to find a hostel in the city. Had to wait in line again and make up an address.

I went with a few thousand but they didnt check. I know people who have gone with £100 and not been stopped. all checks are carried out pre travel so it actually gets done in the visa stage. so it wont be a case of them turning you away in OZ it will be a case of refusal of visa.

If you are applying for residency i know they like to see a certain amount of funds in the bank but for working holidays etc i dont think they check.