Customisable bridge harnesses

rubbish chainsaw operator

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can change the bridge on the TreeFlex.

There are too many variables involved with operators tying their own bridge - Manufacturers cannot account for this in any testing required by European directives. Such action will always be on the operator's own risk.

I hope this helps.

tree flex has replacement bridge with various lengths, so has komet dragon/butter fly petzel sequoia, just need to look

The Treehog, Tree Austria 3.1, TreeFlex, Komet Butterfly and Petzl Sequoia harnesses do allow for replacement bridges, yes. But you have to either buy one of their stitched ones, or get one spliced yourself. That wasn't the question I was asking originally.

I was looking for other harnesses in the European market like the TreeMOTION, which incorporate a design similar to ones more widespread in America whereby the bridge can simply be tied on using double overhands. It seems bizarre to me that the TreeMOTION does conform to the directives in question where other harnesses of this design don't.

However, since it is the exception and not the rule, I guess I'll just ignore it and stick with the harness designs which are obviously accepted in Europe.

Why don't you just tie a fishermans?, As long as you have a tail as long as twice the dia you will be ok.

ohh I finally get what PineSapKnuckle was trying to say - tie the bridge to itself, not to the shackles.

..on the other hand if splicing will not work, you can just use double fishermans on both ends of the bridge if the knots do not bother you.

In all honesty, I think I'll end up getting one spliced and save the headache of dealing with knots and extra lengths of rope dangling about.

ohh I finally get what PineSapKnuckle was trying to say - tie the bridge to itself, not to the shackles.

Yes - sort of. The way you use fishermans as a termination knot. Not a stopper knot behind the shackle, but pass the rope through the shackle and tie it back to itself. You would have the adjustability as in your example treemotion, although it is going to be little laborious to untie and move the knots.

Yes - sort of. The way you use fishermans as a termination knot. Not a stopper knot behind the shackle, but pass the rope through the shackle and tie it back to itself. You would have the adjustability as in your example treemotion, although it is going to be little laborious to untie and move the knots.

so I was correct in my original interpretation?

can we make sure we're on about the same knots here?

are you talking about the fisherman's knot, which is a bend?

Fisherman's knot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or the fisherman's bend, which is a hitch?

Anchor bend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

never mind, mis-read your comment. you are on about the bend... the knot, that's a bend, not the bend that's a hitch, and both you and ross are on the same page.

• 5 years later...