peltor or husky radio ear defenders

bikewoo

Husky auto tune is rubbish, and they're just a cheaper make rebranded as husky anyway.

Get Bilsom or Howard Leight if you want a radio that tunes in well and stays put. The Husky set kept cutting out when I turned my head.

This is the sort of money you will need to part with for a radio that works properly:

http://www.sba.co.uk/product/bilsom-radio-hv-ear-defenders-snr31-s461850

Or if you don't need aux in and have a Screwfix near you, they never quibble if you want to take them a week after because you don't like them. But you will like them.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bilsom-radio-ear-defenders-28db-snr/54925?cm_sp=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=156710

Edited by doobin

i have a peltor set , i mainly use the mp3 input. the only annoying thing is that if the volume switch is knocked the radio can cut accross the mp3 sound apart from that probably one of the best tools i own!!( i do like my music tho)

carl

The newer style husky ones aren't a patch on the old type. I had a couple of pairs of the old ones (the grey ones the same shape as normal husky defenders), with one set lasting about 7 years being used nearly every day. Bought a set of the new Husky ones (the orange ones that are funny shaped) and they don't fit as well, are floppy on the mountings, fall off the mountings easily and genreally just aren't as robust.

The Husky ones are rebadged MSA/Sordin ones from what I could find.

I also have a set of the Lidl ones and other than losing the battery cover, am really impressed with them for the money. They don't like getting wet, but fit well, keep the noise out well and the radio is much better than the Husky/Sordin ones.