Thieving Scum in Operation in South East London

woodland

Hi All

We have had a back Blower and a 395XP stolen from under our noses on two separate occasions in the last 2 months and today it got very worse came out of back garden to find two gentlemen walking across the road carrying our saws having done the locks on the canter. They dropped the saws and legged it but this is just one of a number of truck locker break in s in the last month around our area Bromley Beckenham, my advice keep your eyes open and take everything out of your lockers locked or not:sneaky2:

Dermot

Hi All

We have had a back Blower and a 395XP stolen from under our noses on two separate occasions in the last 2 months and today it got very worse came out of back garden to find two gentlemen walking across the road carrying our saws having done the locks on the canter. They dropped the saws and legged it but this is just one of a number of truck locker break in s in the last month around our area Bromley Beckenham, my advice keep your eyes open and take everything out of your lockers locked or not:sneaky2:

Dermot

HI MATE that a night mere sorry to hear that mate jon :thumbup:

I cover the Bromley/ biggin hill area and i all ways take my gear in the property with me. I was working in Farnborough park in june and went to the truck and found out that some toe-rag had stolen my cones and signs.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

So the story behind our stuff getting nicked was my boss and one of the lads went into to the job and met with the client walked around the garden for about 15 minutes to discuss the works, heard a van pull up outside and assumed it was the other team turning up, went up the steps out of the garden to find two eastern european chaps with two top handles and two ground saws and in the process of removing the third ground saw from the locker having just done the locks on it, My boss roared at them and they dropped the saws and one ran off chased after by one of our guys and the other my boss tried holding but this guys was a big ol lump and tried the whole what what i didnt do anything trick:mad1:Anyway then the bloke decides to pull a kitchen knife on my boss, who duly and sensibly let him go, 5 seconds later a white 55 plate renault kangoo van pulls up and the bloke jumps in and they drive off.

Well I think this is really taking the p.... now not only have to contend with maggots stealing our gear but maggots that would pull a knife on someone for a few hundred quids worth of chainsaws:mad1::mad1:

So the story behind our stuff getting nicked was my boss and one of the lads went into to the job and met with the client walked around the garden for about 15 minutes to discuss the works, heard a van pull up outside and assumed it was the other team turning up, went up the steps out of the garden to find two eastern european chaps with two top handles and two ground saws and in the process of removing the third ground saw from the locker having just done the locks on it, My boss roared at them and they dropped the saws and one ran off chased after by one of our guys and the other my boss tried holding but this guys was a big ol lump and tried the whole what what i didnt do anything trick:mad1:Anyway then the bloke decides to pull a kitchen knife on my boss, who duly and sensibly let him go, 5 seconds later a white 55 plate renault kangoo van pulls up and the bloke jumps in and they drive off.

Well I think this is really taking the p.... now not only have to contend with maggots stealing our gear but maggots that would pull a knife on someone for a few hundred quids worth of chainsaws:mad1::mad1:

HI MATE that is taking the p.ss mate you need my tool and dogs in one mate no it taking the p.ss i no a chainsaw dealer were someone went to there nicked a saw then they turn the saw on the shop owner down the road :thumbdown:thanks jon

We were working in Erith the other day...I was talking to a stump grinder man from Bromley and he was saying how dodgy Erith was :-D

10 years ago I was working on street trees in Erith and jumped in the transit to move it forward so the chipper was by the next tree and i noticed one of my cones was right I front of the transit, i jumped out to moved it and a guy jumped in and drove away in it. I tried breaking the glass as he drove away with no luck.

While we were cleaning up he had picked a cone up out of our line in the road, put the cone in front of the van to get me back out of the cab and hid behind a garden wall until I got out to move it.

Transit and chipper never seen again !

It happened in as many seconds as its taken you to read this, keep you eyes open people and every time you get out of the drivers seat take the keys out !

Edited by Riggerbear

Example of how quick some scum are:

Many years ago, someone I knew parked their car outside their friend's house. He'd locked the doors and was gone no more than ten minutes. When they came out, the scum had been - they'd not broken a window. No, they'd removed the door lock and taken not only the radio-cassette but the four speakers too.

And now YouTube is helping the scum and wannabe scum. Just take a look through their vids on how to pick, brake and bypass various locks. Heck, their's even vids on how to make picks & tools for individual models and duplicating keys from sample locks. (One night to case the yard. An hour to make the picks for particular lock/s; and the next night your victim loses their equipment.) Some people can pick 5 and 6 tumbler locks in less than 30secs. Fit a simple 3 or 4 tumbler lock and you might as well give your gear away.