Petty poppy day teachers

Graham

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly feel it was the right thing to do.

you could start a whole new president by allowing it. and as cadets they would probably have paid their respects at a sunday service.

Absolutely, hopefully the kids will learn that they need to wear the appropriate uniform at the appropriate time, if they progress into the services they will need to know that.

Respecting the fallen is to be encouraged but they should have asked about the uniform first.

Heard a vetren of the second world war on the radio today, he is no longer wearing a poppy as he feels the whole thing is be hijacked by the "Look at me" generation and I'm inclined to agree.

For me it should be about the two great wars, where people did their duty because they were conscripted, not modern career solders, but thats just me.

The head teacher should be sacked!!! I'm not a racist by a long shot but how many turbans etc do you see in schools. I take my hat off to these pupils! Armistice day is, was and always will be 11 of November, not the nearest sunday

What does wearing turbans have to to with anything? As soon as starts a sentence with I'm not a racist you just know some right wing balls is gonna fall out of their mouth!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

What does wearing turbans have to to with anything? As soon as starts a sentence with I'm not a racist you just know some right wing balls is gonna fall out of their mouth!

I mention the turbans because the pupils were sent home because they were not in correct uniform, I doubt very much that turbans are part of the uniform.

As for right wing balls, I have been lucky enough to travel around a lot of the world and even luckier to meet and become good friends with many people from many different creed, colours, back ground and religion. I treat people how they treat me not on their colour or beliefs!!!!

You can where a turban along side a uniform and I'm sure in this day in age turbans are allowed as part of the uniform. I'm sure lots of kids have one direction school bags which arnt part of the uniform but I don't see you complaining about those? Are you sure you mentioning of the turban isn't due to the fact it's commonly seen being worn in the countries we've invaded lately? And that maybe some of the troops killed where killed by people in turbans?