Tree hog spikes

Matt McAulay

Don't if anyone has these, picked mine up yesterday found them comfortable spikes maybe a little longer than I'm used to, BUT and this is a BIG but, the straps are held together by rivets if you own a pair BEWARE the rivets come apart very very easily. This is my opinion but DO NOT USE THESE SPIKES!!!!! There is a design flaw

Don't if anyone has these, picked mine up yesterday found them comfortable spikes maybe a little longer than I'm used to, BUT and this is a BIG but, the straps are held together by rivets if you own a pair BEWARE the rivets come apart very very easily. This is my opinion but DO NOT USE THESE SPIKES!!!!! There is a design flaw

Must be a flaw in your pair Matt, we have sold quite a number already and not had one comeback. Check with your supplier I'm sure they will help you out.

I took them straight back, I watched as he had a play the pop rivets come apart with ease, that much ease not only was he shocked he took a pair out the shop off the shelf and they were just as bad can't tell me that's a flaw with 2 pairs and rivets shouldn't come apart that easy by hand my old bashlins have had it real hard over the years and no rivets ever went.

Just been given a new set of spikes by tree hog/arbortec got an apology and the rep Garth came out of his to come say hi and have a quick chat about the spikes, (that's what I call awesome customer service!) I gave them a dam good pull about and no probs be giving them a dam good test soon so standby for good ol review.

Guest Robin@Arbortec

We do take safety issues very seriously, and there was a potential safety hazard with the leather straps on a number of the Treehog Climbing Spikes. It appears some of these straps have come off the production line without being sufficiently tightened and are potentially dangerous. These have a specific rivet setup that can be seen in the safety announcement below.

If anyone has any doubts or concerns please call us immediately on

+44 1553 768 346 or email us on [email protected] and we will attend to this issue for you.

597667073967f_SafetyNotice.jpg.0a30a845862e0e51b0af07a4f51cac23.jpg