Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

12 hours ago, doobin said:

That must be on its knees with the rotator too? The grapple on its own is a lump with my 1.8t. Although well matched with rotator to the 2.7t. 

maybe I’ll try the rotator too on the little machine! 

Usually do a TG12 UG7 for the 1.8’s 

Reasonable cost, light weight setup.

Most take a Diverter valve and locate it where they’re happy with it.

B017E9F6-9C49-4933-8888-5016EC7BB571.thumb.jpeg.a4ce67fbc1fb0c0cdee39372e2806966.jpeg

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 2

On 19/01/2020 at 13:50, Marc Lewis said:
On 15/01/2020 at 18:31, Pete Hart said:
After a long absence from arbtalk, I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a pic of my 8 tonner... Tree shear and rotator grab making life so much easier these days!
Glad to finally have something to share on this thread - having been a long time lurker of 'show us your arb diggers'!

212959961_Photo2019-05-2710_21_42.thumb.jpg.64fa7410dbe6cbd67c791bba5ab13903.jpg1181424741_Photo2019-08-2711_17_51.thumb.jpg.78027c48f0e1e5a8d0e4b451ee80f824.jpg

Read more  

Very nice Pete. Been following you on instagram, looks like you have a great set up mate.

Cheers Marc, we must get together for a cider soon mate 

A couple of shots of a good mates setup now fully guarded up for a bit of Roadside Tree Work.

He’s put serious time into this machine with so many little mods to make life easier.

Should really take it to the standard 14 tonne tracked units on rubber blocks on the Roadside work with the right attachment on the end.

The short radius, mobility, speed, ability to carry a range of attachments in the blade carrier and switch them in seconds, plus drive off to safe parking at the end of the shift are some of the benefits I see.

Throw in the huge lifting capacity advantage if you drop them legs/blade, the geometry of that two piece boom, and the fact it’s all setup with the box ticking stuff and it should go well.

The fact he’s none too shabby at pulling the levers on it too should help, and he will brush up after himself too!?

A6131D52-E2CE-41EB-AEC9-A1B3BFF97539.jpeg.ea014c9c96bd75357ebf151eb1b73852.jpeg

A3F7CC43-00EE-4E3A-8EC1-600DB9C10B4D.jpeg.a9c0ef1e684eb1d8d9a13effb0d54150.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

A couple of shots of a good mates setup now fully guarded up for a bit of Roadside Tree Work.

He’s put serious time into this machine with so many little mods to make life easier.

Should really take it to the standard 14 tonne tracked units on rubber blocks on the Roadside work with the right attachment on the end.

The short radius, mobility, speed, ability to carry a range of attachments in the blade carrier and switch them in seconds, plus drive off to safe parking at the end of the shift are some of the benefits I see.

Throw in the huge lifting capacity advantage if you drop them legs/blade, the geometry of that two piece boom, and the fact it’s all setup with the box ticking stuff and it should go well.

The fact he’s none too shabby at pulling the levers on it too should help, and he will brush up after himself too!?

A6131D52-E2CE-41EB-AEC9-A1B3BFF97539.jpeg.ea014c9c96bd75357ebf151eb1b73852.jpeg

A3F7CC43-00EE-4E3A-8EC1-600DB9C10B4D.jpeg.a9c0ef1e684eb1d8d9a13effb0d54150.jpeg

Eddie.

The main debate we’ve been having is what’s best to equip it with as the main weapon, considering it’s already a 300mm cut basic shear under the Tiltrotator, grab etc.

c350 Westtech with no Tiltrotator, as most Roadside guys are using?

Go with a 350 to 400mm cut range Shear with cut and hold specifically built for under the Tiltrotator?

Or lastly go with a Grapple Saw and the can of worms that can bring?

Been some conversations I can tell you!!

Eddie.

• Like 1

I’m trying to fit a tilting grading bucket to my Takeuchi TB125. Trouble is the controls for the tilt are on buttons on the joystick and no flow control- just max flow when it’s pressed which is obviously hopeless for this application, I’ve tried fitting those inline flow control valves. But the pump is still trying to push max fluid through a now restricted line and the pump just screeches and sounds like it’s dead ending. Is it just a case that this setup simply isn going to be able to work on this machine or does anyone have any other ideas?

cheers 

Edited by Matthew Storrs