Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

10 hours ago, Gray git said:

This is a interesting setup with the winch mounted on the blade, if only we could get the digger/duck thing sorted out in the UK!

There is a way around it legally to tow something that would enable you to carry the attachments without having to utilise a blade carrier that is putting a lot of extra forces into the machine.

Nobody has done it yet, but I think one manufacturer sussed it too, so it may come to market.

Eddie.

10 hours ago, Gray git said:

This is a interesting setup with the winch mounted on the blade, if only we could get the digger/duck thing sorted out in the UK!

Now that's nice.

+1 high time the UK situation was sorted..

Keep looking at Hydradigs..but once Trailer thing is sussed..be very productive unit. AKA Duck Girl.

So you saying just for attachments only Eddy? thought that was ruled out up by the JCB case?

In reality that's mainly what it would be used for on the road...i guess.

Although I suppose they know its only a matter of time before someone think "ah lad just stick beavertail on it and run that 16 tonner up tha lane would tha"?

When you see 16 year olds in Fastracs with no trailer lights dragging 21 Tonne machines about in the dark you do wonder how long before something majors gonna go sideways..?

I’d only want it to carry attachments to site, blade carriers are great for site work, not really brilliant for roading.

Stephen is making good use of the much forgotten Backhoe and they’ve always been so versatile because you can carry everything you need with you.

A Hydradig able to arrive with Tiltrotator, Grab, Shear, Winch, Mulcher and Brush/Rake a little like my 8 tonne Kubota setup used to land on site would be an incredibly versatile tool.

I’d love the Trailer restriction to be lifted but only for attachment carrying on the road to stop it being abused.

On site you can carry what you want.

Eddie.

I’d only want it to carry attachments to site, blade carriers are great for site work, not really brilliant for roading.

Stephen is making good use of the much forgotten Backhoe and they’ve always been so versatile because you can carry everything you need with you.

A Hydradig able to arrive with Tiltrotator, Grab, Shear, Winch, Mulcher and Brush/Rake a little like my 8 tonne Kubota setup used to land on site would be an incredibly versatile tool.

I’d love the Trailer restriction to be lifted but only for attachment carrying on the road to stop it being abused.
On site you can carry what you want.

Eddie.
I guess a type of y drawbar might get away with saying that the trailer is actually part of the machines structure so not technically towing it