Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

good news, i got the TB016 on friday

i'm looking and putting a thumb on it but won't to know if there is a way to do it without having to weld onto the digger

has anyone on here managed to fab some kind of grab or grapple without using any other fixing points to the digger other than just the standard hitch. any ideas welcome. thanks ?

20190527_154835.jpg

You could make up a clamp on bracket, using dome and cup washers (which are expensive!) to allow for the fact that the two edges of the boom aren't parallel. Lot more work compared to welding though, and a risk of denting the boom material)

Welding is much quicker and easier, and doesn't devalue an old machine like that in any way. Easy enough to cut off, grind flat and paint if you wanted to remove it.

If you go to Tractorbynet.com there are threads there on thumbs. I recall one in particular was a supplier who made a bolt on thumb kit with offset bolts to wedge it in location. Not something easy to describe it needs a picture to show.

I haven't been on there for some time, you might have to do some searching to find it. Possibly you have to register to view pictures on posts.

What do people think is the best 2.x class machine for arb work currently? I want the ones with the larger engines, loads of aux flow and a proper counterweight. Bobcat E27? Yanmar SV26? Planning on fitting it with 2 lines and an Intermecato Tigergrip 16SR4 with rotator.

1 hour ago, doobin said:

What do people think is the best 2.x class machine for arb work currently? I want the ones with the larger engines, loads of aux flow and a proper counterweight. Bobcat E27? Yanmar SV26? Planning on fitting it with 2 lines and an Intermecato Tigergrip 16SR4 with rotator.

Yanmar sv26 would be my choice out of the current offerings. Reasons being. Conventional tail, good ground clearance, actually legal on a trailer even with buckets/mud, they offer dual aux lines as an option, dipper pins are large for size of machine, just a really nice machine I think.

i know others offer slightly more reach but reach isn’t everything as you know.

15 hours ago, doobin said:

https://ke.kubota-eu.com/constructionmachinery/products/mini-excavator/kx030-4-mini-excavator-kubota-construction-machinery/

already has 2 lines and dedicated aux pump, sticks have rockers on ready.

Can't see that it's a dedicated aux pump? Spec says your normal two variable pumps plus gear pump- same as all other machines these days.

Bloody heavy too, and Kubotas are a magnet for pikeys. Still, I might call for a price for the high spec model with two lines.

I’d go sv26 if you have a dealer near who can supply what you want. I’ve gone to doosan dx27 from yanmar and it’s very poor. Power, geometry, cab etc just not as good. Wish I’d demo’d One for a week first.

When I was looking sv26 with two proportional lines was £25ish there was also new one on eBay for £22k picture had twin lines but dealer couldn’t guarantee it would be the same machine, the yanmar network seams very haphazard (certainly up here) and this may be reflected in price . Kobelco do same machine but £5k more for blue paint job but I think much better dealer network.