Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

stump1.gif

stump2.gif

stump3.gif

I never use a stump grinder. Always dig them out. That way, all roots gone, and the customer gets the ground dug over

Fixed grip talon, and a ripper tooth make this machine really powerful!

Thats quite impressive! Think ill have to get myself one of them

Talk me through how you're controlling that grab now Stephen please?

Eddie.

Super simple mate, my right thumb controls the auxiliary 1 on the boom, then a little pedal courtesy of Exac1 runs down a cable on the boom via the fag lighter, this operates a valve block that's built into the quick hitch that swaps between rotate and open/shut.

And I can control the speed of the flow with my little dial, I've got it on fast:laugh1:

The pedal is like 1 from a sewing machine.:biggrin:

The work I've done with it in about 12 hrs is nuts!

I tidied up a 3 stem windblown 70' cedar and 100 foot Sitka that I felled across it in about 20 minutes after shedding them out .

I just started a fire beside it, tractor ran out the timber as I just loaded the fire.

The Sitka branches were those horrible 20' back crunchers if you had to handball them.

Super simple mate, my right thumb controls the auxiliary 1 on the boom, then a little pedal courtesy of Exac1 runs down a cable on the boom via the fag lighter, this operates a valve block that's built into the quick hitch that swaps between rotate and open/shut.

And I can control the speed of the flow with my little dial, I've got it on fast:laugh1:

The pedal is like 1 from a sewing machine.:biggrin:

The work I've done with it in about 12 hrs is nuts!

I tidied up a 3 stem windblown 70' cedar and 100 foot Sitka that I felled across it in about 20 minutes after shedding them out .

I just started a fire beside it, tractor ran out the timber as I just loaded the fire.

The Sitka branches were those horrible 20' back crunchers if you had to handball them.

I thought that was the case?

Your machine has the ability to be much better setup than that with all the auxiliaries you have?

You really need to look into getting that 'Hammer' circuit to be two way, giving you two double acting auxiliary circuits at the same time.

Trust me in all honesty the difference will be night and day?

In my own instance, I can be tilting/rotating and closing the grab all at the same time, you really don't want to be changing over functions if necessary and you really are so close to the optimum setup with all the extra circuits you currently have.

Did CAT not provide you with a solution for the grab setup?

It's a great advert for what a well setup machine can bring to a job?

Eddie.

• Like 1

I thought that was the case?

Your machine has the ability to be much better setup than that with all the auxiliaries you have?

You really need to look into getting that 'Hammer' circuit to be two way, giving you two double acting auxiliary circuits at the same time.

Trust me in all honesty the difference will be night and day?

In my own instance, I can be tilting/rotating and closing the grab all at the same time, you really don't want to be changing over functions if necessary and you really are so close to the optimum setup with all the extra circuits you currently have.

Did CAT not provide you with a solution for the grab setup?

It's a great advert for what a well setup machine can bring to a job?

Eddie.

agree 100?% with eddie on this we had a hired in digger like yours with a kerb grab with rotator fitted the number of times you "forgot" which way the switch was and released the kerb was uncanny

hire co then got a new grab that hung on like a timber grab but had it plumbed so the bucket crowd worked the grab and the pedal the rotator, again not ideal as the rotator on the pedal was to violent and to easy to drop the kerbs with just a slight movment of the crowd , at my suggestion they swapped them over and now it is ideal, can rotate with very accurate with small movment of the bucket crowd and a positive grab/release with the pedal

I do envy your setup I have a 3 ton jcb with hydraulic thumb that has been the best investvent i ever made

R0012407.jpg.261c2e1851d542afe7d2ec9a56e23b55.jpg

R0012406.jpg.f9bcf2b01ea6ab22fb83d0b3434eb5a2.jpg

Hi Sandy, where aborts are you, that looks like Loch Fine in the back ground.

I would need another rocker button on the left control to work the other aux properly, the is a button to switch between the 2 options but still use the right rocker switch and the foot pedal is too awkward to work.