Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

The new model is a zero turn and some say not as good without the extra weight at the back.

Zero swing diggers are interesting and it really depends how you classify them. If you classify them by weight they'll always lack a bit compared to a conventional digger of the same weight as the weight sits in closer therefore has to be heavier to give the same counterbalance. For example, quite a while ago I had a Hitachi EX60URG which is the zero tail swing version of the EX60, same engine, pumps, hydraulic performance, etc, etc. Was a bit ground breaking when I bought it but was recommended to me by a guy who was importing stuff from Japan at the time and it did indeed turn out to be a cracking digger. Thing was, it was actually 7.5 tonne so if you classify it as a zero tail swing EX60 it was excellent and would beat a standard EX60 in almost every way, but if you classify it as a 7 and a half tonner then it was nowhere as it had the performance of a 6 tonne machine.

So again, look carefully at the spec and see what it actually is.

Just ordered a Cat 302.7d.

It's the newer model of the 1 I used last year daily.

It's the zero turn, I was doing too much thinking so jumped in both feet.:)

Their service was great and I like their salesman. So deal done, hopefully get it Thursday.

[ATTACH]140199[/ATTACH]

haha - yes sometimes we can put too much thought into things.

Whatever you ended up with there will be pro's and con's.

I am sure you will find work to keep it gainfully employed one way or another. :thumbup1:

I think the world wants me to buy a digger!, id decided during the week that I was going to get 1 early next year and yesterday I was driving along and saw a farm sale, pulled in for a look and there were about 60 diggers in the auction! Then I get home and this thread had just been started:lol::thumbup: