Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

6 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

I believe it’s all Parker Hydraulics, mini Joysticks and a real trick setup.

Absolute fingertip stuff, effortless.

However if you’re a bit bored just get out for a stroll and do it all Radio Remote, and if it’s lunchtime just knock a sandwich up whilst you’re at it!?

DFF205A0-A0A1-4247-8CEB-148C1639E946.thumb.jpeg.eda3dcaf49d58b0fef49073039657f6d.jpeg

Eddie.

I was super impressed until it poured a shit pint. Plus, as a bar attendant, it's rather lacking in the cleavage department! ?

55 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

I believe it’s all Parker Hydraulics, mini Joysticks and a real trick setup.

Absolute fingertip stuff, effortless.

However if you’re a bit bored just get out for a stroll and do it all Radio Remote, and if it’s lunchtime just knock a sandwich up whilst you’re at it!?

DFF205A0-A0A1-4247-8CEB-148C1639E946.thumb.jpeg.eda3dcaf49d58b0fef49073039657f6d.jpeg

Eddie.

Parker are simply the best hydraulic components. But my mrs works for them so i have to be biased.!

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Why does the US use Gradeall type machines, but the UK/Europe dont, what differs, this has always puzzled me. See link

Fairly simple because it’s wank, just look at the clumsy thing, you’d need 10 acre to turn it around!

Eddie.

• Like 1

Indeed Eddie, from a laymans POV they always struck me as being very akward to use, conditioned as I am to our traditional "digger" type geometery, just curious if I missed something, my only thought was from the "gradall" name, in that I  suppose for levelling/grading backfill on roadways, or what.

But our cousins across the pond are not that stupid, so there must be some niche or reason for this configuration to exist.

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Indeed Eddie, from a laymans POV they always struck me as being very akward to use, conditioned as I am to our traditional "digger" type geometery, just curious if I missed something, my only thought was from the "gradall" name, in that I  suppose for levelling/grading backfill on roadways, or what.

But our cousins across the pond are not that stupid, so there must be some niche or reason for this configuration to exist.

It's their type of road construction that has a very wide drainage ditches, often in the central reservation that suits this type of machine.

Long transport distances need to be covered, but once on site they can use the telescope to grade like a long reach machine.

The Tracked carrier they do is a different proposition and I've actually looked at these myself for certain applications.

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 1

Need some advice from you fine people.

I'm looking to buy a fixed grapple, (the type with an integral ram so I don't need a welded on thumb bracket) and potentially some other implements to use on hired in excavators (5-8 ton)

What is the best sort of linkage to specify on the attachments to ensure that I can fit the grab etc onto a variety of brands of excavator.

Hydraulics is a whole nuther issue. I'll come back to you on this one.

Many thanks, TVI.