Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Per Eddies comment re flotation tyres on wheeled diggers, I, for no particular reason(i.e. I am not in the notion of buying one), and probably triggered by an earlier post by Eddie re a Rubber Duck, was pondering the viability** of a flotation tyre equipped Rubber Duck, against a rubber tracked machine, for all round versility, compared to  the virtually solid tyred Rubber Ducks of old, which were DEFINATELY only for hard surfaces.

Modern flotation tyre technology is truely amazing, especially with the transport speeds now achievable on flotation tyres, but in this application only suited to an owner operator.

**Viability in less than good/peaty/muddy  soil conditions that is, especially if equipped with a winch for self recovery.

I like to dream!

Has anyone had real experience with the Hydradig? Seemed a real game-changer until the Regs situation scuppered it.

Crackers situation and they seem very scarce round here apart from the big projects. Suppose £60K plus doesn't help matters..

4 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

I know it’s not the correct route, but this is an exceptional machine that’s coming up from the very best of homes for a genuine reason and I’m certain it’s a setup that quite a few here could make full use of.

The main point is this has a Full Control System on the Engcon so will run a Grab correctly with the ability to Tilt/Rotate and Grab at the same time with no changeover required.

Kubota U48-4

2017 with only 780hrs.

Engcon Ec05 with SVAB Controls

He has an absolute field full of attachments and the possibility of switching it to Steel Tracks if required.

He’s looking around 35k.

DM me.

D3B686EE-E685-40B4-9420-E418474F33E1.thumb.jpeg.8b0da46ff24e4ae2efacc82469c8b073.jpeg

Eddie.

Looks cheap at that money!

21 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

That’s exactly it, my 3 tonner is usually doing work that a 5-8 tonner should be doing.

I’m also fed up hitching trailers, strapping things down, lots of faffing about , it’s all time.

I’ve always loved 3cx’s but hated the levers but this 1 is really nice to operate on the armrests and such better visibility out the back.

My back is suffering rocking about all day in the 3 toner , hopefully this should make life better.

Out of interest, do the controls work the same as in a mini digger?

Also, mate used to run one with his skip hire business, he used to have a guy driving it and sending him out on jobs, but he had to run it on white diesel only. Some sort of ruling from hmrc. Perhaps eddie might know more?

https://www.davewhitakertractors.co.uk/fermec-terex-860-elite/112

anyone any experience of these- lovely low houred wheeled digger with wide front tyres. No servos though- having been on tracked diggers for 10 years I may struggle to adjust- but quite relish the challenge!

the water board have one of these for cleaning out the leats accross peaty sections of Dartmoor- they wouldn’t have it if it was a sinker...

Edited by Matthew Storrs

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

anyone any experience of these- lovely low houred wheeled digger with wide front tyres. No servos though- having been on tracked diggers for 10 years I may struggle to adjust- but quite relish the challenge!

the water board have one of these for cleaning out the leats accross peaty sections of Dartmoor- they wouldn’t have it if it was a sinker...

I cant figure out how it could be anything else but poor in peaty ground  .  .  .

15 minutes ago, difflock said:

I cant figure out how it could be anything else but poor in peaty ground  .  .  .

Well, relatively speaking. Obviously nothing like a tracked machine- however it is on quite wide tyres (wider than normal 3cx etc) and at 8 ton isn’t overly heavy as backhoes go. Local groundwork contractor has one and its 11 ton.

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

A local contractor I used  to do a bit for had a slightly older one than that, and used to say about it had larger front wheels than a JCB 3cx, making it better in soft ground. Might be worth a bit of investigation?