Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Thanks guys, Eddie you told me more in that post than the Cat engineers could!:laugh1:

The offset boom is on the foot pedal just now, there's a button on the left joystick that has something to do with switching that over and just now the right joystick Flicky button is doing nothing!:confused1:

Once the valve and hitch turn up we will have a play. The are 2 diverted valves on the boom as well :001_smile:

Stephen, I've never seen so many pipes down a machine in this class, a few pounds worth there I can tell you.

I really need to see the manual with regard to the two buttons on the levers as they could be a couple of things?

From what I can see you obviously have a single way 'Hammer Circuit' (the two closest to the cab) which will be larger bore and should operate from one button only or possibly the pedal?

The next pair of smaller hoses will be the auxiliary circuit which is proportional and worked off the rocker type switch. This will also probably have some way of setting the flow to suit attachments better from the dash.

The final pair with the taps, very unusually look to be T's into the bucket circuit? This is something you would normally see on high spec european machines, and basically if I'm correct you should simply turn the taps which will lock the bucket ram and activate the circuit?

If this is indeed the case, then the machine is perfectly setup for what would be a free swinging grab setup, where your auxiliary circuit would provide rotation via the rocker switch, and you would open/close the grab very intuitively with what would have been the bucket control.

In your instance with a fully mounted grab, you need to find out if the other button or possibly another tap turns your Hammer circuit into Two Way operation?

I can't quite grasp how it would, but assuming you've an offset pedal it could be possible you end up with Two Way via the pedal?

If this is actually the case then the job is sorted from the off? You can have the rotate on the pedal and open/close on the proportional rocker switch, which would be the best setup.

Looks a fair bit of kit Stephen, I'll have to get a look at one.

Eddie.

Hi Eddie, thanks for all that info, yes this little machine has hydraulics galore as it was a high specked machine that never got sold.

Everything you say makes sense from what I can see but the bit that doesn't tick the box for me is if i turn a tap to work the grab then I can't put any angle on the grab when in use, I would need to set the angle that suits best and then lock it off, which I don't want.

If could get the rotation or open /close put onto that rocker switch instead of the Cat foot pedal that would be great as its awkward to us on the heel.

When the new hitch and diverted valve turn up the little foot pedal can get mounted where I like, so I will put it further forward.

I'm really impressed with the power, it's got. Some of those big timbers today were about 2 ton and moved them about effortlessly.