Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

3 hours ago, Pedrod316 said:

Asked robustrack for price on a eurocomach last yr but never got much info so left it at that. Can send if you want? Yeh with engcon on end would want extra ballast block, But then it’s pushing it out with towing capacity…6T looks 👌🏻  

I meant have you priced up these Case machines - interesting to see how they compare to other machines in the market as they are essentially a repainted Eurocomach.

I’ve got a little Bobcat E27 (not the Z, it’s the more powerful version with a small tailswing) with extra counterweight and Rototilt and that weighs exactly 3 tonnes with the tilty and grab on. It’s good though, can shift a lot of timber in a day with it and it is amazingly stable and powerful for its size. 

68D29A29-7ACE-482D-B181-DBFFD66D0193.jpeg

47112DE0-0A62-41F2-9609-1779A3BD6E1B.jpeg
This tilty is actually bigger than you’d need on this sized carrier though - you could save at least 100kg if you fitted the next size down. 

Edited by monkeybusiness
  • Like 1

It’s the last stage of a project, the top layer of 4’’-6’’ was dry matted pine needles and self seeded Rowans and Blaeburry ,  the owner wants to encourage grass to grow for some animal grazing in a few years time.  I’ve terraced the hillside and put in small access roads which will allow him to access the woods for maintenance and feeding and will also double up as pasture so I wanted to get some organic material onto the sub soil which formed the roads, so I was mulching and blasting the debris back onto the road, doing to jobs at once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DSC_2545.jpegDSC_2572.jpeg
e85 with the GMT 35 heading out to clear a small woodland of early ash dieback and with the Vermeer being remote control 1 man can cut nd chip in one movement really efficiently
Discovered that the e26 can go side on o the big trailer leaving enough room at the back to sneak on a bit of timber to get it away from site

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Just back from Scotland and going through the last bits and pieces of the latest additions to my JCB JS145 Long Reach.

It’s been all about a boom mounted wheel motor winch this time, but perhaps a bit typical of me now, I didn’t just want to do it how everyone else has, as they didn’t fit my requirements.

Basically the winch is on the wrong side as many will see it, but doing that enables it to go further back because it’s not fouling the cab, and it actually then goes beyond the boom rams and takes most of any load it was imposing.

Being on the wrong side it’s fitted with a full auto stop setup, that just allows the cable to nip up nice and tight for stowage before cutting the winch dead.

I specifically wanted this as it’s operable from the cab or via full radio remote, so guys on the ground can use it without fear of damaging it.

It’s all easily detachable when not required, and being on a long reach will give great abilities especially over fences/barriers or slope work.

It’s two speed and fully proportional, and serious quick if you give it some.

The length of boom from the snatch block to the drum helps significantly with tidy spooling.

I’ve done an 8 tonne class Grapple Saw to go under the Engcon with the brilliant GMT 035 Saw Box, which should help with processing, stacking and loading, and hopefully the towbar will come in handy.

Looking forward to getting it back, and hopefully it may just help a few out on head scratching jobs.

Eddie.

41A24045-E20D-4CDB-9F84-8ED9B0652DEC.thumb.jpeg.6b24b9778054e4f2f003b6962a06326a.jpeg

27C116DB-07DB-4BA2-965E-A68257A24C1A.thumb.jpeg.5c47eb204ccfb1ae304ce41eb595577d.jpeg

274BBBFD-8F0C-402E-AF5B-52D5E7307980.thumb.jpeg.aab02e8ffed10bad8e1f0036aab1ac0d.jpeg

F25B517C-E08A-4035-93D5-E8ECD687FE29.thumb.jpeg.6f3e58e8248d1363a944b3b080f78747.jpeg

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, doobin said:

Thats a seriously useful winch setup- particularly the remote control.

Thanks, there’s a lot of thought and past experience gone into it.

The radio remote is essential for the team on the ground to be able to utilise it themselves.

I’m looking at getting the fastest portable capstan winch I can, so they can rig up their own haul back setup very easily and safely, which if you’re working a long slope will save someone’s legs or ideal for going back  over a watercourse etc.

The speed is the one, as these are fast enough to go with the tree when felling and not have that silent moment as the winch goes slack and the tree sits!

Should clear most fences!

F112248C-CEA7-4E61-B71B-9592A56F3440.thumb.jpeg.deed29e0d943caeb3744d359060c001c.jpeg

• Like 1