Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Well after a year out I'm back in the digger club with a Case Cx15. Its an old 2003 thing but its tight and smooth and only done 1600 hours.  I've put a quick hitch on it and I've got an rsl thumb ready to go on it when its back from its current job.

Its got a few things on it that seem much better designed than my old kx36-3 kubota,  like access to the battery and under the seat has a storage space. It certainly feels pretty sturdy. 

Luckily the kubota buckets fit straight on so I already have a rake, ripper tooth,  muck fork and extra digging buckets, as well as the 3 sturdy buckets it came with.

I've taken the main arm ram off to have a new rod on as this one is a bit bent so its rough on the up and down, all the pins and fittings I undid were in great condition. 

20210727_070012.jpg

20210727_062708.jpg

20210801_102237.jpg

20210801_170236.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, william127 said:

A mate of mine has a tb215r on just over 500 hours, I've had it on hire a couple of times, its absolutely fantastic. So smooth and powerful(although of course the low hours helping!) He's had hire customers ask what size it is as it digs like a 2.5! 

if the 217 is the same but a little bigger it must be great 👍 

Not being funny mate but if they think a tb215 digs like a 2.5t then they cant know much about diggers. Just saying. 

30lpm aux is about standard for a 1.7t machine. Not enough for a flail. 2.7t machines have around 50lpm, and that’s not really enough for a flail as the flow sharing isn’t great. All you can really do is slew with it. 

oh, and the tb216 is a crap machine. Don’t just take my word for it, ask Matt storrs! 

swinny, if you are running alongside a tractor and loader plus timber trailer, then I’d say your looking at work that a 2.7t would be more suited to- larger jobs. 1.7t machines are cheap to hire for the odd narrow access job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, william127 said:

Well after a year out I'm back in the digger club with a Case Cx15. Its an old 2003 thing but its tight and smooth and only done 1600 hours.  I've put a quick hitch on it and I've got an rsl thumb ready to go on it when its back from its current job.

Its got a few things on it that seem much better designed than my old kx36-3 kubota,  like access to the battery and under the seat has a storage space. It certainly feels pretty sturdy. 

Luckily the kubota buckets fit straight on so I already have a rake, ripper tooth,  muck fork and extra digging buckets, as well as the 3 sturdy buckets it came with.

I've taken the main arm ram off to have a new rod on as this one is a bit bent so its rough on the up and down, all the pins and fittings I undid were in great condition. 

20210727_070012.jpg

20210727_062708.jpg

20210801_102237.jpg

20210801_170236.jpg

Never knew you sold up! What sort of money? 

1 minute ago, doobin said:

Never knew you sold up! What sort of money? 

Yeah the hydraulic pump had gone and I was looking at 1200 quid for a new one while I wasn't 100% that was the fault, and then I would have still needed to do the bushes and all the other niggles. I got £3500 for it which seemed pretty good given what I'd paid for it 5 years before,  but given how things have gone......

Then we very nearly pushed the button on a new Bobcat, but the long lead times , 2 solid months of work through terraced houses and the headgasket going on my discovery (hence the new ranger) meant we decided not to. 

The Case was £7700, more than I wanted to pay but compared to my Kubota 6 years ago, given the hours and the way the market is, I'm ok with it. 

2 hours ago, doobin said:

swinny, if you are running alongside a tractor and loader plus timber trailer, then I’d say your looking at work that a 2.7t would be more suited to- larger jobs. 1.7t machines are cheap to hire for the odd narrow access job. 

Right.... Think It might be better to look at a cheaper second hand 2.5machine and keep the 1.5 also...

Need to think of where I want to go in business and maybe go for slightly bigger digger and low loader it to site

Too many decisions and no job is the same 🤣

Uses for digger are only to aid stump grinding and carting logs about. Not into massive digging out jobs etc. 

Edited by swinny

On 01/08/2021 at 22:03, swinny said:

Right.... Think It might be better to look at a cheaper second hand 2.5machine and keep the 1.5 also...

Need to think of where I want to go in business and maybe go for slightly bigger digger and low loader it to site

Too many decisions and no job is the same 🤣

Uses for digger are only to aid stump grinding and carting logs about. Not into massive digging out jobs etc. 

If you are not excavating follow doobin get a mini loader

I could possibly have posted this before in the past on here, first glance it got fairly hammered as a safety nightmare back in the day when first spotted, but fair play the guy seems to have battled through and produced something that really has to be worthy of consideration.

From experience of just about every trick going to move pallets of materials with a mini, this has to have some potential now.

End of life for all them TB016’s I told you to buy that have probably gone up in money now!

Eddie.

• Like 1