Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Finally a few pics of the 20 year old takeuchi post rebuild.

It took way longer to complete than anticipated. The engine was sent for rebuild in September and I got it back just in time for christmas only to find it wasn't  quite right and had to come out again. It was over all a very poor experience. Suffice to say I wont be going back to that particular company.

Apart from that, the rest went fairly smoothly. Pinned, bushed, painted,(with a little panel beating thrown in!) new hoses(mostly, some were unworn), grab and rotator fitted along with extra hydraulics, lights, radio, radiator, slew gear, fuel lines, fixed a few niggles and rattles and then ran out of money. So the quick hitch has to wait!

Went for a change of colour because why not, not like I'll be selling it anytime soon. Plus it makes it readily identifiable and as it was painted part by part, even if it was stolen, the tracker removed and resprayed, it would have tell tales in hard to cover places.

Happy with how it feels now, stronger, faster and tighter. 

Cost wise, meh, I possibly could have bought a fresher second hand machine, maybe sold it and got a new machine, but now I know exactly what I have. A simple, reliable workhorse in very good condition. 

Gutted that I lost a lot of pics halfway through, not because I wanted to post them, but they were helping me to put it all back together. This led to a few moments of confusion and some swearing, then more confusion followed by some disassembly. 

A few people questioned why I was doing it, maybe rightly so but it's done now!

Would I do it again? Yes.

Would I take a different approach? Yes.

Was it worth it? Financially, yes in raw cash, probably not if I included my time. Actually, definitely not if i included my own time at the hourly rate a decent mechanic or fitter could charge, but they would have done it a lot faster.

As an experience. Yes, I gained a lot of knowledge and enjoyed the majority of the experience.

Would I recommend others do it? Probably not!

20210326_100953.jpg

20210326_094650.jpg

20210326_100008.jpg

20210326_093750.jpg

20210326_094650.jpg

20210322_125013.jpg

20210126_180623.jpg

• Like 9

Finally a few pics of the 20 year old takeuchi post rebuild.
It took way longer to complete than anticipated. The engine was sent for rebuild in September and I got it back just in time for christmas only to find it wasn't  quite right and had to come out again. It was over all a very poor experience. Suffice to say I wont be going back to that particular company.
Apart from that, the rest went fairly smoothly. Pinned, bushed, painted,(with a little panel beating thrown in!) new hoses(mostly, some were unworn), grab and rotator fitted along with extra hydraulics, lights, radio, radiator, slew gear, fuel lines, fixed a few niggles and rattles and then ran out of money. So the quick hitch has to wait!
Went for a change of colour because why not, not like I'll be selling it anytime soon. Plus it makes it readily identifiable and as it was painted part by part, even if it was stolen, the tracker removed and resprayed, it would have tell tales in hard to cover places.
Happy with how it feels now, stronger, faster and tighter. 
Cost wise, meh, I possibly could have bought a fresher second hand machine, maybe sold it and got a new machine, but now I know exactly what I have. A simple, reliable workhorse in very good condition. 
Gutted that I lost a lot of pics halfway through, not because I wanted to post them, but they were helping me to put it all back together. This led to a few moments of confusion and some swearing, then more confusion followed by some disassembly. 
A few people questioned why I was doing it, maybe rightly so but it's done now!
Would I do it again? Yes.
Would I take a different approach? Yes.
Was it worth it? Financially, yes in raw cash, probably not if I included my time. Actually, definitely not if i included my own time at the hourly rate a decent mechanic or fitter could charge, but they would have done it a lot faster.
As an experience. Yes, I gained a lot of knowledge and enjoyed the majority of the experience.
Would I recommend others do it? Probably not!
20210326_100953.thumb.jpg.6f7ce8f3892668a6e3ad9d8a98501f13.jpg
20210326_094650.thumb.jpg.d2f0f24e8e829e77b273fac33d0c940b.jpg
20210326_100008.thumb.jpg.676012d84b8026132b50851256850ea3.jpg
20210326_093750.thumb.jpg.aaf52c069cfe79b051a3427df417630e.jpg
20210326_094650.thumb.jpg.f4c5b26e7eb8cb5bd387e6759dad81cc.jpg
20210322_125013.thumb.jpg.8b5f941f1e96c277845f89e479321d99.jpg
20210126_180623.thumb.jpg.b570a98ea2d2901b20f05675b2327640.jpg

Mog next then! [emoji848][emoji6][emoji23] you’ll need deep pockets for that!