Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

On 28/12/2020 at 18:23, tree_beard said:

Scratch that, nearly right, he's got a Liugong 6tonner... Page 83 of the fings wot broke these... ahem

It’s been very well behaved to date, new tracks were only about £1,100  for the pair and they were delivered to the site next day, only job/mod I have done to it was extend the fuel inlet pickup pipe in the bottom of the tank. The original hoovered everything up from the bottom, it now has about a gallon capacity as a sludge/crap/water trap. It’s not really Chinese , they have zf hydraulics and kamatsu engines. I will buy another one in the near future.

Bob

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

It’s been very well behaved to date, new tracks were only about £1,100  for the pair and they were delivered to the site next day, only job/mod I have done to it was extend the fuel inlet pickup pipe in the bottom of the tank. The original hoovered everything up from the bottom, it now has about a gallon capacity as a sludge/crap/water trap. It’s not really Chinese , they have zf hydraulics and kamatsu engines. I will buy another one in the near future.

Bob

Where did you get it from? Wonder how much a 2.5t is hmmmm

4 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Dig dug, first day I jammed it in a stump on a banking and had to cut it out 😀

you learn as you go!never done it since.

Git works fine on Cat, you know when to ease off or transfer the energy onto the woods and not the machine.

Going to flush the broken limbs after lunch.

EB1C8B8C-F604-4282-99D2-1F7ACA00B98D.jpeg

C423D97B-3F9C-4095-A216-0C26F906D553.jpeg

AF6CE5C4-264F-4B49-BD68-D1AA9B1FB8B1.jpeg

89D7B13F-6EF0-46B0-80DE-9F324D2BE73D.jpeg

looks like a nice spot to work, what was the reason for the stump coming out??

a bit of work in it!

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

Bob

Good to hear its still going well. I had a look at the Carter machine specs gray git mentioned. Yanmar engine, hydraulics from Italian or Japanese makers, and boom and dipper arms from komatsu. Can't be bad, but at £38k for the 8ton I'd be looking at second hand known brands with a wider dealer network personally

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tree_beard said:

Good to hear its still going well. I had a look at the Carter machine specs gray git mentioned. Yanmar engine, hydraulics from Italian or Japanese makers, and boom and dipper arms from komatsu. Can't be bad, but at £38k for the 8ton I'd be looking at second hand known brands with a wider dealer network personally

Dealer back is always important, we have an LG importer in Portsmouth and everything seems to be next day, phoned through for a door glass at 3pm and it was at the gate 8am the next day. Even the service engineers are next day, not so sure how they fair up with service and spares backup elsewhere in the country. Bobcat seem to have got their act together in recent years, had a play on @doobin ‘s latest toy a few weeks ago, we’ll speced machine and again with decent support/ backup from the manufacturer.

Bob. 

• Like 2