Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

On 15/11/2020 at 22:36, monkeybusiness said:

Aiden at Cullion Plant made it for me. If it works (and I reckon it will!) I’m pretty sure he will produce them. 

Had one the same 30 years ago on a 13 tonner fastest method of dealing with stumps we had, wore out pretty quick and got ripped to bits when put on a cat 215 

Anyone know of any good deals going on new 2 ton ish machines at the moment? 

Would be nice to be able to choose what I want, rather than hunting down second hand machines, get a warranty,  fixed costs etc.

I'm struggling to get a sensible replacement price for the hydraulic pump on my kubota kx36-3 and I'm thinking of upgrading instead- the costs of the replacements I've been quoted plus what I think I'd get for it would as is would make a decent deposit.

Although if anyone has any suggestions of where to get a good value replacement/rebuild I'd be grateful! 

?

11 hours ago, william127 said:

Anyone know of any good deals going on new 2 ton ish machines at the moment? 

Would be nice to be able to choose what I want, rather than hunting down second hand machines, get a warranty,  fixed costs etc.

I'm struggling to get a sensible replacement price for the hydraulic pump on my kubota kx36-3 and I'm thinking of upgrading instead- the costs of the replacements I've been quoted plus what I think I'd get for it would as is would make a decent deposit.

Although if anyone has any suggestions of where to get a good value replacement/rebuild I'd be grateful! 

?

You're looking at mega lead times, especially if speccing options. I've been waiting since March for a special order Bobcat E19- could have had one in standard UK spec from stock back then but I doubt you can now.

Hopefully it lands this coming week!

If you use a digger a lot then new on finance makes a lot of sense. My E19 with canopy was 19k with all the extras- hydraulic hitch, twin aux, extra counterweight, uprated track motors, joystick rollers etc. Standard spec canopy around 16.5k.

What have you been quoted for pump repair? Even if you repair it I'd still move it on. If a bad failure then bits of metal will be all around the system waiting to cause havoc.

That's a hell of a wait!

E19, so I guess its around 1.9 ton without the extras? Sounds like just the right spec for me too, canopy with extras?

I dont use it a huge amount but I would plan on keeping it 10 years if I bought brand new, probably 3-400 hours a year, I've got 5 years and about 5 or 600 hours out of my old kubota. For me it's not about the hours the machine does, its the hours it saves- like my wheeled  loader has only done 40 hours in a year☺️☺️, but that would have been hundreds of hours on a mini digger or thousands by hand!! Although if I had a brand new machine I'd be happier to look for more site work for it.

Did you go through Bobcat to get your quote or a local dealer? 

I haven't had a quote for repair yet, new ones have been quoted at £2700 plus vat and delivery (wtf, a £1 bolt comes with free delivery, so does a  big heavy track that's only £200, but a £3k 10kg pump you get charged for?). 

That's a non starter as the digger was only  £5400 5 years ago! 

I'm hoping to find a repair for a hell of a lot less, but good point about moving it on due to contamination ?

Thanks?

1 hour ago, william127 said:

That's a hell of a wait!

E19, so I guess its around 1.9 ton without the extras? Sounds like just the right spec for me too, canopy with extras?

I dont use it a huge amount but I would plan on keeping it 10 years if I bought brand new, probably 3-400 hours a year, I've got 5 years and about 5 or 600 hours out of my old kubota. For me it's not about the hours the machine does, its the hours it saves- like my wheeled  loader has only done 40 hours in a year☺️☺️, but that would have been hundreds of hours on a mini digger or thousands by hand!! Although if I had a brand new machine I'd be happier to look for more site work for it.

Did you go through Bobcat to get your quote or a local dealer? 

I haven't had a quote for repair yet, new ones have been quoted at £2700 plus vat and delivery (wtf, a £1 bolt comes with free delivery, so does a  big heavy track that's only £200, but a £3k 10kg pump you get charged for?). 

That's a non starter as the digger was only  £5400 5 years ago! 

I'm hoping to find a repair for a hell of a lot less, but good point about moving it on due to contamination ?

Thanks?

Very unusual as to why the pump has gone!

Have you tried Ian at Rapidpumps? He repairs them, if not, he can build you a new one. He does all my crusher pumps now, cheaper than the original casssappa ones.

Might be worth a go? Seems a shame to write the machine off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Have you tried Ian at Rapidpumps? He repairs them, if not, he can build you a new one. He does all my crusher pumps now, cheaper than the original casssappa ones.

Rapidpumps, I'll add that to my list. Thanks.

4 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I've just made a list of names and numbers of companies who look like they might be able to help, Rapidpumps look like my first option, thanks??

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Stock Takeuchi TB219 can be had by January- I enquired the other day. But think pretty archaic compared with the spec Doobin has on his E19. Still, thought the waiting list would be through the roof. Apparently the dealer was saying the lead time on Tak micros is much worse for some reason.

The tackeuchi spec does seem a bit low, luckily we have a dealer that we know and have used before in town here so I can just pop in and ask?
the bobcat dealer website has certainly been the easiest to use I’ve found ?

I should probably do some paying work now?

On 22/11/2020 at 10:31, doobin said:

You're looking at mega lead times, especially if speccing options. I've been waiting since March for a special order Bobcat E19- could have had one in standard UK spec from stock back then but I doubt you can now.

Hopefully it lands this coming week!

If you use a digger a lot then new on finance makes a lot of sense. My E19 with canopy was 19k with all the extras- hydraulic hitch, twin aux, extra counterweight, uprated track motors, joystick rollers etc. Standard spec canopy around 16.5k.

What have you been quoted for pump repair? Even if you repair it I'd still move it on. If a bad failure then bits of metal will be all around the system waiting to cause havoc.

I got a nice speedy reply from bobcat, I asked about the extra counterweight, updated track motors, apparently that’s not something they can do??!?

I need to work out wether something on that list covers the roller switches as well,

but it’s a promising start.

Ah, I think the rollers are in the comfort pack?

209BDB1B-2160-4455-8755-76E3B888E3DB.png

4FB732BC-944A-44B0-8C28-9DBA320EE546.png

Edited by william127