Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

57 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

Ifor williams and carries 3500kg.

gtw is 6000kg

i can carry around 500kg in the back, I’m not that precise as I know 3 buckets don’t weigh that, I focus on the trailer!

Obviously this is the internet and rather than believe someone who has done this successfully and legally for 7 years it’s easier to just ask questions hoping to point out a mistake!

i also ran unimogs full of red diesel on Ag for 20 years!!

go wild with that !!?

Sorry came over as a pr*ck there..?

Just know a few folk who the GTW thing has caught them out ..

Crack on?? agri all the way!?

• Like 2

My Tak is 2790kg. I run an ifor GH1054. On paper it’s all legal- in reality, bollocks is it!40kg  Quick hitch, , buckets, fuel, 70 litres worth of hydraulic oil in its tank, mud in its tracks, tool box full of spanner’s, stuff in the cab etc etc. I do what I can to mitigate the situation- ie I will take all buckets and attachments along to the job first in a seperate trailer which is fine as most jobs are for a week or two anyway. If it’s a little job I take my 1.8tonner as it’s far more convenient for towing around with all the other bits and less stress on the tow vehicle etc.

19 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

My Tak is 2790kg. I run an ifor GH1054. On paper it’s all legal- in reality, bollocks is it!40kg  Quick hitch, , buckets, fuel, 70 litres worth of hydraulic oil in its tank, mud in its tracks, tool box full of spanner’s, stuff in the cab etc etc. I do what I can to mitigate the situation- ie I will take all buckets and attachments along to the job first in a seperate trailer which is fine as most jobs are for a week or two anyway. If it’s a little job I take my 1.8tonner as it’s far more convenient for towing around with all the other bits and less stress on the tow vehicle etc.

yr just splitting hairs now

?????

35 minutes ago, Ratman said:

??? you aminal you! Hows tricks? Take it your busy enough then?!

Thats what she says! All is good! leaving aside the knackered body, steady stream of breakdowns, inability to source spares because of the slowly unfolding apocalypse, wet leylandii hedges, employees that are slower than a wet sunday in a nursing home, clients who build flimsy fences during lockdown then expect you to charge the same for a job that when you first viewed it was a straight fell, clients with dogs but no shovels, clients with cats but no shovels, clients that stand watching you all day (he didnt seem to posses a shovel either, or the will to use one) clients with mentally unstable neighbours, clients in general, the public in general, oh, and constantly increasing lists of "to do", "should have been done"and "why hasn't it been done yet" from indoors, coupled with a growing list of my own, yeah. Life couldn't be better!

Oh, and my takeuchi and ifor William's is 3420kg (weighed) with thumb grab, 2ft bucket and a little under half a tank of fuel. It is the digger thread after all, wouldnt like to go off topic now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

IMG-20200724-WA0012.jpegDSC_0814.jpeg
Yesterday we needed the tractor and winch, digger and cherry picker on site but only had two drivers so this worked, Monday I need a tractor, chipper and winch and big digger on site so today discovered the E80 can comfortably lift the chipper into the bucket well at the back of the trailer.DSC_0810.jpeg
Little bit of before
DSC_0811.jpegand after cutting back with the flail today
DSC_0813.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ambisawrous said:

Looking for decent 8tonner if anyone knows of one, anything up to 4000 hrs on steel tracks considered. 

Depends where you're based but there's usually a few takeuchi's at JDS mid Wales.

WWW.JDAVIESPENCADER.CO.UK

Used Plant | Used Equipment for sale from JDS Machinery Wales

• 2 weeks later...