Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

54 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

High hours, but looks tidy, and a fair price

Probably the best small setup I’ve ever used.

It’s got the Engcon DC2 system that I’m not a fan of, but the rest is a great setup as it’s an Ec02 with the correct S30 Hitch for this size machine, and older style top hitch which is far less bulky than the latest version.

Operating it you hardly know the Tilty is on.

The Cab’s are a good size for a zero tail and it’s capable of a serious amount of work in a day.

Shaun kept it 100% in terms of maintenance, and always has his kit mint looking.

Hours go against it, but you’d have to buy on condition I suppose.

Eddie.

32 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Probably the best small setup I’ve ever used.

It’s got the Engcon DC2 system that I’m not a fan of, but the rest is a great setup as it’s an Ec02 with the correct S30 Hitch for this size machine, and older style top hitch which is far less bulky than the latest version.

Operating it you hardly know the Tilty is on.

The Cab’s are a good size for a zero tail and it’s capable of a serious amount of work in a day.

Shaun kept it 100% in terms of maintenance, and always has his kit mint looking.

Hours go against it, but you’d have to buy on condition I suppose.

Eddie.

I cant begin to understand your huge knowledge base on this kind of thing, but it does make you wonder if these machines can simply go on and on for hours before they just fall to bits?

50 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I cant begin to understand your huge knowledge base on this kind of thing, but it does make you wonder if these machines can simply go on and on for hours before they just fall to bits?

Triggers broom I suppose? But machines somehow seem to die a natural death of getting ever more shagged out, sold onto more occasional users who aren’t so fussy as long as it digs, or exported to countries that will be more than pleased to see anything that replaces manual labour.

Some quite fresh machines can end up straight in the dismantlers these days for Computer, DPF, Engines etc.

They don’t build them like they used to as they say, and they also don’t train old school fitters. No disrespect to anyone but hard to disagree the industry is geared to quick diagnostic and full part replacement, instead of old school take it off and fix it!

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Triggers broom I suppose? But machines somehow seem to die a natural death of getting ever more shagged out, sold onto more occasional users who aren’t so fussy as long as it digs, or exported to countries that will be more than pleased to see anything that replaces manual labour.

Or eventually find their way onto a croft on the west coast, where they will slowly rot

There's some folks still running hand start machines!

Some great YouTube videos of people trying to get old diggers running that have sat for years. Currently in the middle of a guy I presume in Ireland trying to get an old digger running so he can move it to his workshop. You sometimes wonder if it's really worth it the state its in

Gray I’m going to take the dampener off mine, it’s doing nothing except making it long like yours!
  For all the size of stuff it can do there’s no shock load, £800 not needing spent imo.
Not got a damper on this just the old solid link off the botex. It's not too bad as the digger can lift high enough. Swapped some pipes around so the rotate is right hand left right and the crowed is now in the foot pedal as don't use it much and open close is on 2nd aux left thumb button s.
Feels a lot more natural to use now.