Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

3 hours ago, doobin said:

What’s the reason for sale? They didn’t run it long with the tilty by the sound of it. 

Sadly very sensitive, long story short the owner and wife have some land. He had many projects to do and on the go including building cabins around a lake to rent out etc with his wife. Spent a long time researching and working with Eddie the right spec of machines for his needs. Found a machine sent it to JCC and had all the work carried out late 18 early 19. 

I think it was may time he found out he had C and was given a few months. Passed in sept age 40 iirc and that is the terribly sad story . His wife left with all his projects and ongoing. 

it’s probably better people know this as I have been asked a few times if it’s a failed project, can’t make it pay etc . 

Edited by ross_sandhill
  • Like 4

On 17/12/2019 at 22:13, Stephen Blair said:

I’m trying to remove stress out of my life, every day I’m overloaded with the 2.7t and driving a 4x4 packed like a sardine using loads of fuel!

I’ve bought a welfare van with loads of room, heating, kitchen, toilet and drying room. 
 It can tow 2.5t. 
Machines 1.8, trailers 560kg 

The buckets are easy to lift by hand so they can go in the back of the van easily.

I’ve sold the 3cx so just trying to do less and get my work life balance sorted.

37365BF3-A267-4C61-88DC-BC198D18A582.jpeg

Somewhere to go for a crap on site! Ace. Living the dream there Stephen :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ross_sandhill said:

Sadly very sensitive, long story short the owner and wife have some land. He had many projects to do and on the go including building cabins around a lake to rent out etc with his wife. Spent a long time researching and working with Eddie the right spec of machines for his needs. Found a machine sent it to JCC and had all the work carried out late 18 early 19. 

I think it was may time he found out he had C and was given a few months. Passed in sept age 40 iirc and that is the terribly sad story . His wife left with all his projects and ongoing. 

it’s probably better people know this as I have been asked a few times if it’s a failed project, can’t make it pay etc . 

Absolutely horrendous, a top guy simply robbed of his life by the big C.

He was just the same as so many of us, passionate about kit, loved doing the job and trying out new ideas/setups.

He reached out for some advice and the Pc118mr turned up which are rare secondhand, and it was a great upgrade from his previous Takeuchi TB175.

After many conversations, it made the trip to Scotland where John went through the machine, fitted the big pads etc, and then installed the Engcon setup.

Things like the rake and steel log were replicated from my own Kubota setups and the TMK was chosen as a good fast unit under the Engcon.

Buckets were slowly being added/swapped etc, until a call came I’ll not forget in a long time.

The measure of the man, it was me who had to say, hold on mate you’ll have to give me a minute to put myself back together, as he just moved the conversation on as if nothing had been said.

He literally had no time between the news and gone.

R.I.P Mark.

Eddie.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

not a "digger" as such but thought may be of interest.. for anyone in Lancashire at the moment who wants to work off the tarmac?

WWW.LINKEDIN.COM

My new favourite MultiOne! The 10.9 fitted with Moorend 4T Track system. So much power and it really will go anywhere! ...