Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

On 01/12/2019 at 13:19, Billhook said:

Just spent a week on the old JCB 806 C with the ditching bucket successfully helping to release the massive amount of water that has been building up in the drains and ditches

However I just had about fifty yards left to do on the last drain in the woods and the track came off the front idler having hit a stump

It should go back on easily enough but it is better with two people so it can wait till later.

While I was waiting a little Bank vole came out into the stream and swam like a jet boat.   Amazing little creature, I did not know they could swim like that and it did not seem frightened of me at all.

F4CDCDF5-9C29-4BC9-9583-929FCC619E9E.jpeg

4290CE61-213F-4EC9-8808-A71EC9749E83.jpeg

Oh Joy!!!

Just managed to find one half dry day to rescue the old girl before it slowly sank into the mire.  Managed to drive the Matbro up to it with gear difficulty and extend the boom to lift the track over the idler.  I

would have used the bucket if I was on some dry level ground and we could put logs under the chassis to left the track off the ground.  Of course every time we tried the 15 tons of machine just pushed the logs further into the mire.  

Anyway track back on, ditching finished, Matbro pushed itself out of the mire with the teleboom, all back at the yard now, oiled and greased as a reward,  on top of this, a good election result, just been to a very romantic Christmas family Wedding with everyone in great form,  so now looking forward to Christmas Day and I hope it will be a good one for all of you!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, doobin said:

I looked round one of those at my local dealer. Looked tiny. How does it drive? 

It’s the size of a 1.8 t machine.

Spacious cab and a good reach, no complaints and that’s 2 days of digging out bamboo on a huge rockery.

very nice Jeremy.  That will keep the heizo running!