Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Here’s one with Westtech’s version of the Mecanil on it.

Big mistake going with the 3 arm configuration, you actually look for limbs to wrap the 4 finger type around to ensure a 100% hold at times.

Having used such a setup and another in build, I’d say 20 tonne under it to make it worthwhile.

I ran mine on my SK270SRLC Kobelco with the Mecanil, she was pushing 32 tonne plus and 3.4 metres wide with no tail, but rock solid with the extension.

https://vimeo.com/371818202?ref=em-share

Eddie.

Put the big slippers on the JS145 long reach yesterday.

First time I’ve swapped them and certainly an effortless process if you follow the procedure.

Having an Engcon and Grab makes life easier, but a set of pallet forks on the Engcon would be the tool for the job.

Main thing is I now know I’ll be happy to do them on site without the aid of another machine and the JS can lift a full LGP track no drama.

The one application I’ll say makes a cordless grease gun welcome.

7AC84C2E-71A6-41B7-8C3A-F38B779C1474.thumb.jpeg.b59bbd1869614756d2399ae90aa3e7ee.jpeg

D3303E8C-DCF2-4A6C-9472-FF0C25D81A13.thumb.jpeg.2cfe90bde004d026c201ba122d0c909c.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 1

Just spent a week on the old JCB 806 C with the ditching bucket successfully helping to release the massive amount of water that has been building up in the drains and ditches

However I just had about fifty yards left to do on the last drain in the woods and the track came off the front idler having hit a stump

It should go back on easily enough but it is better with two people so it can wait till later.

While I was waiting a little Bank vole came out into the stream and swam like a jet boat.   Amazing little creature, I did not know they could swim like that and it did not seem frightened of me at all.

F4CDCDF5-9C29-4BC9-9583-929FCC619E9E.jpeg

4290CE61-213F-4EC9-8808-A71EC9749E83.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Just spent a week on the old JCB 806 C with the ditching bucket successfully helping to release the massive amount of water that has been building up in the drains and ditches

However I just had about fifty yards left to do on the last drain in the woods and the track came off the front idler having hit a stump

It should go back on easily enough but it is better with two people so it can wait till later.

While I was waiting a little Bank vole came out into the stream and swam like a jet boat.   Amazing little creature, I did not know they could swim like that and it did not seem frightened of me at all.

F4CDCDF5-9C29-4BC9-9583-929FCC619E9E.jpeg

4290CE61-213F-4EC9-8808-A71EC9749E83.jpeg

Aaaahhh Billhooks!!!

• Haha 1

Nice to finally get the LGP Long Reach setup in action.

She handles the felling head brilliantly and makes no mess on them big slippers.

Takes over where a 13 tonner and Shear ends for very little more a day.

Should be a brilliant Highway machine on the 700mm pads and rubber blocks.

Eddie.

• Like 6

Stolen from the JCC Group Facebook page, but a great example of how Tiltrotators are breathing new life into the Backhoe loader.

Nice little set of footings that would have been bread and butter to Backhoe men back in the day brought right up to date.

The reach and power of the Backhoe combined with the Tiltrotator means a lot of the clumsy repositioning is eliminated and you’d be literally learning again what could be achieved now.

AB1A553E-D5A7-4A84-A99E-BA689FECCBE3.jpeg.4d91c325e592d055d62fa9df35854edb.jpeg

58E35163-3EE7-4EC3-8C87-322B21C1E256.jpeg.c0fcc0d16b3eb0f43c36394e4713253d.jpeg

7A646E08-C1C6-412C-BC3F-5223D85F66F4.thumb.jpeg.565682962f713a91adaf1014495e81c4.jpeg

Eddie 

• Like 4

Many really underestimate what a difference the additional Tilt function brings to such setups.

The progression from a dangle mount grab to fixed mount is a fair jump on an Excavator, but the Tiltrotator with it’s worm drive rotator that’s fast/powerful and strong enough to last the distance with solid hold, plus the way more powerful than many imagine Tilt function is the icing on the cake.

Tiltrotators are under much scrutiny by users at the minute with regard to the cost/rates/return/resale values.

It’s increasingly clear that they are extremely poor in terms of residual value, despite actually having a fantastic lifespan, and generally a refurb will consist of little more than cosmetics and a few hoses.

Spares are absolutely savage in price, and the Engcon Ec-Oil automatic quick hitch system must come in for considerable criticism, as components for this are genuinely eye watering.

With the current over capacity in the job, rates on the way down, I predict the glory days of the Tiltrotator in the UK have already been seen.

What we are witnessing is purchasers opting to take slightly lesser spec setups to remove the automatic quick hitches or delete the control systems.

This can make a significant difference to purchase and running costs in an increasingly competitive market.

I get asked about how do you make a Tiltrotator pay? In all honesty my first was paid for in months, my latest one may take years at the current rate, the job is flooded with Machines and Hirers really don’t care what’s hanging off the end of the machine if it’s cheap.

For anyone thinking of making the jump into a Tiltrotator and happy to go with a used unit, I really don’t think there’s been a better time in the UK than now.

Eddie.