Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

9 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Oh no!! I’ll almost definitely be in there at some point next week and will give Steven a nudge if I see him... 

Communication is genuinely not something I’ve ever had a problem with in there, but things that you don’t necessarily need ‘yesterday’ can sometimes take a while as they do a massive amount of repair work for farmers etc which keeps them really busy.

I dropped a skidding grapple that needs strengthening but I have no jobs on the horizon for last week which will probably be with them for a couple of months, along with a pair of track tensioners off a chipper that need rebuilding and are needed ASAP - they will hopefully turn those round by the end of next week. 

Thanks. I have been dealing with Mike if that's any help!

Small clip kindly sent to me of the 22 metre long reach and felling head working last week.

Helps to convey how productive the Felling Head can be on an Excavator carrier in comparison to a Truck mounted crane.

I’ve put serious legwork into this latest head setup so it can fit on a huge size range of machines, and I can basically turn up on site if required, plug it into my own machine, the clients or a hire unit and be up and running.

Basically a Felling Head and Experienced Operator service with the knowledge and tools/kit to get the best from it.

Eddie.

• Like 9

Planting a few poles - a fun job that was a real head scratcher at times. 

CCD9F4D5-18A9-4739-9EE8-C013303E0EB3.thumb.jpeg.8a6e8edc9b26b6e84a4cd4ffa83ae7d4.jpeg

They were 9m telegraph poles that had to be installed without damaging any trees/poles/existing structures (none of the structures are pictured as not allowed).

This area was a piece of cake but you still had to plan the job to not block yourself in/block the pole’s path from horizontal to upright etc.

We planted approx 60 a day - I was being fed by a mate on a 2.5 tonne Kubota.

The Takeuchi was the perfect size for this job and it would have made an incredible demonstration video for Rototilt as it really showed off what these tiltys can do and how strong they are. Some poles had to be passed through/under structures and then rotated into position - I’m not sure what other setup could have got these in as quickly tbh. 

It is a bit niche though, can’t see many more jobs like this on the horizon! 

• Like 3

At the other end of the scale, today I brutally abused my micro by climbing twenty steps with it, before grubbing out a load of roots, riddling through the soil to get them all out before chucking them ten feet down into the tipper parked below. First proper go with the grab on her, she took it like a champ but by god the foot pedal aux takes some getting used to after being spoilt with all kinds of rollers on my other machines! 

This micro constantly surprises me with the power it has to offer. Almost like an old school 1.5t, in a tiny package. 

06D4D676-3686-4E70-BD62-B1BC818D652B.jpeg

4D68C929-0BFD-430E-84E6-94AAFAC52159.jpeg

5FAE932D-F913-4A4B-B801-CE61A4FCA638.jpeg

7E54BA2F-529A-479F-A2F6-2ABB2DEFC949.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Planting a few poles - a fun job that was a real head scratcher at times. 

CCD9F4D5-18A9-4739-9EE8-C013303E0EB3.thumb.jpeg.8a6e8edc9b26b6e84a4cd4ffa83ae7d4.jpeg

They were 9m telegraph poles that had to be installed without damaging any trees/poles/existing structures (none of the structures are pictured as not allowed).

This area was a piece of cake but you still had to plan the job to not block yourself in/block the pole’s path from horizontal to upright etc.

We planted approx 60 a day - I was being fed by a mate on a 2.5 tonne Kubota.

The Takeuchi was the perfect size for this job and it would have made an incredible demonstration video for Rototilt as it really showed off what these tiltys can do and how strong they are. Some poles had to be passed through/under structures and then rotated into position - I’m not sure what other setup could have got these in as quickly tbh. 

It is a bit niche though, can’t see many more jobs like this on the horizon! 

Are you building a POW camp?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, doobin said:

At the other end of the scale, today I brutally abused my micro by climbing twenty steps with it, before grubbing out a load of roots, riddling through the soil to get them all out before chucking them ten feet down into the tipper parked below. First proper go with the grab on her, she took it like a champ but by god the foot pedal aux takes some getting used to after being spoilt with all kinds of rollers on my other machines! 

This micro constantly surprises me with the power it has to offer. Almost like an old school 1.5t, in a tiny package. 

06D4D676-3686-4E70-BD62-B1BC818D652B.jpeg

4D68C929-0BFD-430E-84E6-94AAFAC52159.jpeg

5FAE932D-F913-4A4B-B801-CE61A4FCA638.jpeg

7E54BA2F-529A-479F-A2F6-2ABB2DEFC949.jpeg

Looks like it’s being out through its paces there! I know that feeling of ‘abusing’ a mini all too well unfortunately- always think this is the last harsh job I do this to my machine-  until the next job comes along!!