Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

21 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Cat were the same with me, they said my demo grab would work.

So paid for grab and paid for Cat.

Then it would only work with no crowning.

Fast forward 4 weeks of stale mate and eventually they paid for electro hydraulic valve and pedal.

It’s been a weak link from day 1, cables, grabs and brash just don’t work.

I’ve now got a shortened hip flexor on my left side due to the pedal and that’s what’s caused my back trouble for near 6 years.

Now it’s £100 a week physio and rest from machine work.

There’s no excuse for bad business, if you can’t deliver then don’t bullshit people and take their hard earned money.

So glad I paid for a second proportional rocker switch aux on my machine.

Can't believe the latest JCB 2.7 tonner is still pedal only, not even an option for an aux on a proportional rocker switch. Sales bloke said I was the third person that month to decline a quote based upon that.

Edited by doobin

I heard that about JCB, nuts.

i was told my machine had both, turned up with 1!

what do you do when you have work piled up, a restocking fee of £1500 for a grab and a billion pound company with your money just ignoring your concerns?

You just suck it up and live with the compromise.

I’m going Yanmar next from independent dealer.

On 28/09/2019 at 10:52, LGP Eddie said:

Something wrong there as Approved turn Head Brackets around in a couple of days.

Only Adam knows why you haven’t had it delivered yet and I’ll happily give him a bit of a prod for you even though I shouldn’t have to.

Engcon have a habit of shipping a big chunk of stuff together, obviously makes commercial sense and a good media shot of a pile of shiny stuff being unloaded.

Yours may be in the latest, and no it’s not in the slightest bit unusual for nobody to know where something is!

Machines, you deal with a Salesperson, their knowledge is probably 50% of yours on the product, they haven’t a clue when it comes to anything out of the ordinary and this happens almost 100% of the time if you’re not all over it.

Not their fault, they have to sell a huge range of kit into many different applications and that’s why things like this happen and most don’t even know what’s available on their machines from the Factory.

I do loads of this for people, they message me on their arse having got all sorts of ideas on their wish list and having visited a few Dealers have their head in their hands!

If it’s not a standard machine with a hitch and three buckets, you’re wading in treacle!

This weeks I believe 

750AFC24-FEF4-4654-8D98-B6D859E3BB00.thumb.jpeg.ad9f8cfd900c5d28871e89832ceb53ed.jpeg

Eddie.

Not sure whose cages you rattled Eddie but I owe you a pint - finally appear to be getting some progress with both Engcon and Approved (both are promising to have my bits available by Wednesday this week). Cheers!

• Like 4

On 29/09/2019 at 12:33, Stephen Blair said:

I heard that about JCB, nuts.

i was told my machine had both, turned up with 1!

what do you do when you have work piled up, a restocking fee of £1500 for a grab and a billion pound company with your money just ignoring your concerns?

You just suck it up and live with the compromise.

I’m going Yanmar next from independent dealer.

Is that the yanmar SV26 Stephen? Just had one on a job myself with view to replacement. Did you like it?

Edited by Matthew Storrs

On 28/09/2019 at 07:55, monkeybusiness said:

Farkinell!!! 

Engcon had a great show offer on a hitch and 3 buckets at Plantworks which tied in nicely with buying the Bobcat - I never ever thought it would take so long and be wrapped up in such wishy-washiness though...

Don’t get me started on the muppetry from Approved Hydraulics over the Femac flail either Aiden - they are really taking the piss now to the point where I’m considering asking for my money back. 

I had some absolutely shocking service from Engcon too to be honest, 4 months on from my enquiry its still not all wrapped up. I think they just take on way too much, soon as my money was paid it got a whole load harder to get anything done! The gear is good mind!

Though Approved have always been alright for me.

Edited by JimE

On 30/09/2019 at 13:26, Matthew Storrs said:

Is that the yanmar SV26 Stephen? Just had one on a job myself with view to replacement. Did you like it?

Not sure the model number, just like for like for my machine.

Dealer service is on point so I’m not fussed about machine tbh.

CAT have been useless, salesman working with numbers, without even sitting in a machine, 4 months on a as nd still haven’t had a price for a new machine, offered me £10k for mine and said he’d sell it for £16.5k!!same machine in their websites for £21.5k.

Jokers!

3CD4F651-8B90-41AB-96DC-ED557E632E27.thumb.jpeg.2815f93c4580fdbbd1c5a26e1fe260c9.jpeg

This week has been an improvement - when I phoned Engcon and Approved on Monday morning they were both rather receptive and assuring (which was good)!

Engcon delivered the hitch etc on Tuesday afternoon and it is now nailed on to the digger - all good. They’ve sent a slightly larger grading bucket than ordered as the one I asked for is out of stock but have told me they will swap it for the original size if this one ends up being too big for the machine - told me to use it as normal and if not happy at any point then I can swap (can’t say fairer than that).

Approved are still full of bullshit unfortunately - on Monday morning they assured me that they were building up the hitch and fitting it to the mulcher that day, and it would be ready for collection on Tuesday. I told them I’d collect on Wednesday - perfect they said. I didn’t make it on Wednesday, but had to look at a nearby job on Thursday morning so rang (the relevant person was busy and obviously didn’t bother to ring me back) and so I subsequently turned up at 12.30ish.

‘Oh, we haven’t done it, we will fabricate the hitch now!!!’ Twats...

I went and got a butty to give them some space, and hung around with my thumb up my arse for another hour whilst they finished doing what they assured me was being done on Monday. (I have to say that their fabricators are fantastic guys - really nice fellas and very good at what they do). Once loaded, they landed an extra £200 plus vat bill for the hitch (even though it was listed on the pro-forma that I’d already paid in full). I paid it as I’m obviously a total mug. The icing on the cake was that they supplied me with a £7500 hydraulic attachment and didn’t supply it with any hoses - when I queried it they said they could make some up but I’d have to pay extra. At that point I didn’t feel like giving them one more penny so I thanked them and left. But they did offer me a free mug, which I declined...

And the digger that I ordered with an extra counterweight still hasn’t got the extra counterweight. And it has peeling paint with rust showing through. So it is still at the dealers...

But the mulcher is rather good - I hosed it up and chucked it on the Takeuchi and it runs like a dream! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to give it a shakedown tomorrow.

• Like 1

Good old fashioned British service! Don’t know why we’re so shit at it, do people lie because they don’t know there arse from there elbow and shouldn’t be in the job or just that no one really cares or takes pride anymore. The service sector is pretty much all we’ve got so you’d think we’d have it nailed by now. 

On 28/09/2019 at 09:40, LGP Eddie said:

Blatant advert, but might help someone out?

I’ve got to rig the Felling Head onto a 22 metre Long Reach for a project starting shortly.

If anyone has something they think this could be a solution for, shout up as if you can piggyback on you’ll save ££.

1C294B76-3CAF-49CB-AF82-7F0A9B40C1DA.thumb.jpeg.462f39c813ee218bb49c2e44ede4c27c.jpeg

Eddie.

Do you have a camera on the end of that thing? Damn sure I’d need one!