Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

3 minutes ago, doobin said:

Don't waste your time with a TB216. Worst machine I've driven for a long while. Totally gutless and unpredicatable slewing. My Hyundai is twice the machine, and E19/20 would proabbly be even better judging by my two Bobcats.

Apart from anything else, the interest you would probably be paying on in particular (no offense) would be paying on another brand means that Bobcat at 0% five years is your only sensible option. I don't think you'll be dissapointed, and like me you've driven a size up and size down.

Don’t say that! I was going to offer mine to him!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Ideally I'd like rather a encon or steelwrist but there right out of my price league plus a waste on a 2 ton machine and yeah 0% and  the vat deposit is spread through the monthly installments over 60 months 

Jack 

You can finance one at a later date- just make sure you buy an S30 hitch and buckets now, and spec a second aux in case you want the cheapest tilty with no control system. There's a spread on a DX19 (same machine in orance as E19) with a tilty in this months UK Plant Operators- doesn't look half bad with it.

2019-09-26 20.23.16.jpg

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Don't waste your time with a TB216. Worst machine I've driven for a long while. Totally gutless and unpredicatable slewing. My Hyundai is twice the machine, and E19/20 would proabbly be even better judging by my two Bobcats.

Apart from anything else, the interest you in particular (no offense) would be paying on another brand means that Bobcat at 0% five years is your only sensible option. I don't think you'll be dissapointed, and like me you've driven a size up and size down.

Cheers for that ? so it's a decent price then I might leave the tilt hitch and just buy a tilting grading bucket once I start earning with the machine 

I've drove jcb volvo takeuchi and Hyundai along with bobcat and bobcat have been the most comfortable and smooth to operate I really like the key code security system instead of keys as I'm really bad at putting keys down and forgetting where I put them ? I'm going to go and see them on Monday and see what I can sort out with him about different accessories ect 

Cheers 

Jack 

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I put down £5200 inc the VAT. the rest is £380 a month over 48 months. Full cab etc. I sourced the powertilt hitch myself.

however a better deal would have been a new hitachi zx19u which was offered to me for £14k plus the VAT. It was canopy which living where I do in the mist and rain never works for me!

Cheers for that I'm the same as you cumbrian weather is unreal one minute it's full sun the next it's snowing ?? full cab is the only way 

Jack 

1 hour ago, doobin said:

You can finance one at a later date- just make sure you buy an S30 hitch and buckets now, and spec a second aux in case you want the cheapest tilty with no control system. There's a spread on a DX19 (same machine in orance as E19) with a tilty in this months UK Plant Operators- doesn't look half bad with it.

2019-09-26 20.23.16.jpg

Id love to try a setup like- To me that lowest picture just looks wrong. The whole geometry that the engcon changes. Surely breakout must be massively reduced looking at the distance from the tipping link to the tip of the bucket- the leverage is collosal- an extra 12-18” of height in there. When you curl the bucket it in youd have a job not to foul it on the boom on a little machine like that.

Edited by Matthew Storrs

2 hours ago, doobin said:

Sounds OK to me. I was quoted just under 20K for an E20 with three buckets and hitch. You've specced a Hardford powertilt (3k? must be at least) and a few extras. Think carefully about whether you go down this route, or take an S30 hitch and buckets and finance a tilty later, as 3k is a big chunk towards a basic tilty. If you think you might want to do this, then also spec the machine with a second aux, as I have- £535 according to my E20 options list. Haggle with them to throw this in or something.

Letting you pay the VAT on installments is why they appear high- guess it's lease purchase rather than hire purchase (I think that's the difference anyhow). Should be fine, but obviously check what the payment is to take ownership at the end of the term. E27 I was quoted the same money as you on (and it's worth every penny!!) so I don't think they're loading your quote.

If you can get approved for the finance on that (QUICK! it ends at the end of the month!), I'd add another two years warranty, then get out there and put all your effort into getting work for it. You'll need just two days a month for the next five years at £250-£280 a day to cover the finance and running costs. Find yourself another five days with it and quit your minimum wage job, then you will have time to grow properly.

Go for it mate, you won't look back. Finance on something like the above isn't bad or even particularly risky- how can you not find two days a month?? Three tops if you were a desperate fool and went out at under £200 a day. It's when people get cocky and start to take bigger risks that things can go pear shaped, but even then - better to have tried ay?

£30k all in for an E20 sounds a lot to me.... especially if that is meant to be Bobcats 0% finance..... I had a quote for a 2.8t Yanmar which was £23500 plus VAT. And Takeuchis new 2.4t TB225 is similar. 

11 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

£30k all in for an E20 sounds a lot to me.... especially if that is meant to be Bobcats 0% finance..... I had a quote for a 2.8t Yanmar which was £23500 plus VAT. And Takeuchis new 2.4t TB225 is similar. 

Let’s talk ex vat so we all know where we’re at. I had a quote for a Hyundai 2.7t at 22.5k, but by the time you add interest you’re closer to 26k from memory. My e27 was 27k and worth every bit of it. Way better spec than the Hyundai. Oodles of power and just wants to work. Loads of extras as standard too such as extra counterweight. 

The E19/E20 is a top end machine. An E17 is a good deal cheaper. 

The E27 was what I wanted, and the price was 27k before theyoffered free finance, as I called a year ago and decided it was too much. The free finance meant i could justify it easily

E10s fly off the shelf for 14k  as the best  micro going, and you can get free finance on them too. ?

Edited by doobin

Looking at the E20 though it’s basically based around a 1.8t machine . Same engine,tracks, reach etc. I’d have thought it would be well worth spending the extra £5k to get the E27 instead if it’s that good. Turning up with let’s say a Kubota Kx18-4 @ £18k will do the job that the E20 could do, whereas capability difference jumps massively once your up to 2.8t etc.

i can confirm their kit is all mint. they are just down the road from me and i use them quite a bit

he buys loads at once at really high spec, has them for a year and sells them on, so basically sells them on for what he paid for them. they do that with all their gear from tippers to diggers

• Like 1