Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

17 hours ago, swinny said:

Could do with finding a cheap micro or mini digger in the next couple of months. 

Main job is to help us on a planting job we have coming up to dig trenches etc. 

Other uses would be use at home for renovation and landscaping and maybe go out with the stump grinder also to help clear or level the arrisings. 

Looking to spend 4-6k what can anyone recommend? Or any help thanks. Not a high budget and won't get used a lot at all to be fair 

6k will have no trouble getting you something perfectly useable, and in general the odd pin/bush or even a set of tracks aren’t the scary money they used to be.

The main point is you’ll probably be into standard 1.5 tonners at that without expanding tracks and less popular models used like the JCB you could possibly pick up something nicer than you think.

You should get a Kubota Kx008 Micro easy enough around 6k.

Push the budget to around 8k and you really get a choice.

If it’s a lot of domestic stuff, an earlier Kubota U15 are nice compact machines with the reduced tail helping out.

Interestingly the much discussed and loved Takeuchi TB016 are seemingly making money now, as people haven’t been as receptive to it’s replacement.

If you’ve a tidy one look after it!

WWW.WORLDTRACTORS.CO.UK

Eddie.

8 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

How’s your grab going Gray?  Is it taking the abuse with big sticks and wrestling about with stumps ok?

Can’t speak for Gray, but I have an almost identical setup. I find that with the rotator on, the opportunities are much reduced to do most of the things that could cause bent tines and the like such as grubbing out stumps. This is down to the geometry- way less breakout force.

I plan to direct mount mine sans rotator in the near future, so watch this space. 

8 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

6k will have no trouble getting you something perfectly useable, and in general the odd pin/bush or even a set of tracks aren’t the scary money they used to be.

The main point is you’ll probably be into standard 1.5 tonners at that without expanding tracks and less popular models used like the JCB you could possibly pick up something nicer than you think.

You should get a Kubota Kx008 Micro easy enough around 6k.

Push the budget to around 8k and you really get a choice.

If it’s a lot of domestic stuff, an earlier Kubota U15 are nice compact machines with the reduced tail helping out.

Interestingly the much discussed and loved Takeuchi TB016 are seemingly making money now, as people haven’t been as receptive to it’s replacement.

If you’ve a tidy one look after it!

WWW.WORLDTRACTORS.CO.UK

Eddie.

I sold my very tidy TB016 back in 2013 and reckon it would be the same if not more now had I held on to it, the downside I learnt it got stolen a few years after- obviously quite desirable for theives too!

One for those that fancy following Stephen down the Backhoe route?

4cx with the fat tyres, apparently bi directional pipework which is obviously ideal for a Shear, plus the powered side shift which saves much messing about to slide the back actor across.

Seller is Ross, top guy.

WWW.MASCUS.CO.UK

JCB 4 CX AEC - the United Kingdom - Jcb 4cx AEC Contractor 81kw engine 4 speed powershift...

Eddie.

How’s your grab going Gray?  Is it taking the abuse with big sticks and wrestling about with stumps ok?

Holding up really well but then I tend to swap implements around for grubbing out or shoving really ugly big bits around by using the rake or buckets, like said having the big rotator and quick hitch reduces the break out force so probably protects things a bit. This grab has quite good grip strength for breaking forks before chipping or nipping bigger bits and holding ontothem so I'd definitely recommend it as a product
Been out today with the other better than expected attachment, little niubo flail which punches well above its specifications. IMG_20190921_182447_022.jpeg DSC_0072.jpegDSC_0076.jpeg
DSC_0075.jpegDSC_0077.jpegDSC_0071.jpeg
  • Like 4