Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

20 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Ha ha, I’m considering having both tbh... I’m testing the market with the 6 tonner - if it sells then I’ll put more money into a new one, but if it stays I’ll happily keep it as it is a great tool! I’d rather trade up than give the dosh to the tax man tbh, but I’m not desperate to move it on. 

I’ve been advised to stick it on Mascus as it’ll more than likely sell abroad pretty quickly apparently. We will see! 

Would you not be better off putting money into a 3 tonner and keeping your 6 too rather than upgrading 6. I very nearly traded my 3tonner in for a new 4-5 ton Takeuchi, but then for the same money I could keep my 3 and buy a used 5 tonner too, 2 machines better than 1 as unlikely they both be broken at the same time an different sizes for different jobs- I often have the need for 2 machines on a job anyway to speed things along a bit.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Would you not be better off putting money into a 3 tonner and keeping your 6 too rather than upgrading 6. I very nearly traded my 3tonner in for a new 4-5 ton Takeuchi, but then for the same money I could keep my 3 and buy a used 5 tonner too, 2 machines better than 1 as unlikely they both be broken at the same time an different sizes for different jobs- I often have the need for 2 machines on a job anyway to speed things along a bit.

Whether I renew the 260 or not I’d still look at the 3 tonner as an addition, it’s not dependant on the sale either way. I’d just take the 5 year 0% (which isn’t how I tend to work, I prefer to buy stuff outright but that is literally free money!). I agree 2 diggers are better than 1!!!

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Looking or advice again, talking about trailers to tow a 6 tonne machine. I am about to be approved for finance to purchase a machine here in Australia and will need to buy a trailer to float it behind my Unimog U1300L. I am looking at tandem axle trailer with ramps that has a flat bed length of 2.9m before the angle drops down with the beaver tail. I have no experience loading and transporting equipment so I am a bit helpless to know if this trailer will be a good match. The photos show the trailer as is now in blue and white and I got a picture from the manufacturer of the trailer as it originally looked. It is rated to 8000kg total trailer mass. The other pic shows the dimensions of the Hyundai R60CR-9A I am hoping to acquire. I see guys transporting machines with swing boom that sort of slew the cab around and have the boom offset to shorten up the total length, is that the go? Another question is regarding the mass that can be expected to transfer through the drawbar and hitch with a setup like this, would I be right in estimating around 10% of the trailers gross weight?

Thanks for you assistance

Ben

1112052052.jpg

unknown.jpg

url.jpg

Edited by BunyipBen
spelling

Ok Guys I have another question for you. If I am setting up a log grapple such as the Intermacato TG 25 Pro S to an excavator like the Hyundai 60CR-9A what would be the best option for a rotator setup, a Rigid Mount Rotator G-rotor or a Worm Drive? I believe the trade offs are the speed vs strength, at the moment leaning towards worm drive.

Thanks again

Ben

4 hours ago, BunyipBen said:

Hi Guys

Looking or advice again, talking about trailers to tow a 6 tonne machine. I am about to be approved for finance to purchase a machine here in Australia and will need to buy a trailer to float it behind my Unimog U1300L. I am looking at tandem axle trailer with ramps that has a flat bed length of 2.9m before the angle drops down with the beaver tail. I have no experience loading and transporting equipment so I am a bit helpless to know if this trailer will be a good match. The photos show the trailer as is now in blue and white and I got a picture from the manufacturer of the trailer as it originally looked. It is rated to 8000kg total trailer mass. The other pic shows the dimensions of the Hyundai R60CR-9A I am hoping to acquire. I see guys transporting machines with swing boom that sort of slew the cab around and have the boom offset to shorten up the total length, is that the go? Another question is regarding the mass that can be expected to transfer through the drawbar and hitch with a setup like this, would I be right in estimating around 10% of the trailers gross weight?

Thanks for you assistance

Ben

1112052052.jpg

unknown.jpg

url.jpg

that trailer looks incredibly short. I dont think my 3 tonner would fit on it lengthways. My indespension trailer is 10 foot and the arm hangs off the back as there is not enough room to pull it in tight enough at front and not hit towing vehicle when it corners.

Not sure on the laws in Oz are you allowed to have 8 foot of digger arm hanging out the back of a trailer ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, donnk said:

that trailer looks incredibly short. I dont think my 3 tonner would fit on it lengthways. My indespension trailer is 10 foot and the arm hangs off the back as there is not enough room to pull it in tight enough at front and not hit towing vehicle when it corners.

Not sure on the laws in Oz are you allowed to have 8 foot of digger arm hanging out the back of a trailer ?

Rear overhang on a pig trailer must not exceed the lesser of the length of the load-carrying area, forward of the rear overhang line or 3.7 metres.

So assuming the flat bed measures 2.9m as I am told by the seller at a guess it would be close to around 2 metres overhang behind the centre point between the axles, which may work out to be something like 750mm past the rear of the trailer??

Thats why I am interested to know about the position of the arm for transport? 

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 4.28.41 pm.png

52 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

D4D631F3-6197-47FE-BBF0-761811340A0C.jpeg

04D885A0-F850-49A5-AC43-4FC28403EA48.jpeg

Sweet- could do with that on my job at the mo- flippin massive rocks trying to wrestle Into position with my 3 tonner for dry stone walling- can just about drag them along the ground! That one you have in the bucket probably weighs 2 ton. A cubic meter of granite is about 2.6t.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BunyipBen said:

Rear overhang on a pig trailer must not exceed the lesser of the length of the load-carrying area, forward of the rear overhang line or 3.7 metres.

So assuming the flat bed measures 2.9m as I am told by the seller at a guess it would be close to around 2 metres overhang behind the centre point between the axles, which may work out to be something like 750mm past the rear of the trailer??

Thats why I am interested to know about the position of the arm for transport? 

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 4.28.41 pm.png

It looks the same length as my red multi purpose dump trailer I use for moving my 3 tonner around. The total bed length is 12ft and I could just fit a 5-6t in there with arm out the back, I can also fit it in with the arm out the front with the bucket resting on the headboard- I prefer it this way as the bulk of the digger is over the trailer wheels- not on the hitch of the tractor. I think a mog doesn’t take hitch weight as well as a tractor either...

3D14A69F-48CB-4D22-8AEF-BD83ABEE9493.png

• Like 1