Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

21 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

I’d go sv26 if you have a dealer near who can supply what you want. I’ve gone to doosan dx27 from yanmar and it’s very poor. Power, geometry, cab etc just not as good. Wish I’d demo’d One for a week first.

When I was looking sv26 with two proportional lines was £25ish there was also new one on eBay for £22k picture had twin lines but dealer couldn’t guarantee it would be the same machine, the yanmar network seams very haphazard (certainly up here) and this may be reflected in price . Kobelco do same machine but £5k more for blue paint job but I think much better dealer network. 

I’m not sure lack of dealer network would put me off that much- particularly if reflected in price. These modern Japanese diggers are so reliable it’s almost a given that you’ll get 4-5000 hrs out of a 3 tonner with out too much issue with regular servicing and a good operator.  I’ve had 4 takeuchis now in the last 10 years and aside from tracks and hoses/servicing I’ve not had to replace any major components at all. And really most of the parts can be sourced aftermarket anyway- pump, track motors, tracks hoses, pins and bushes- all the usual candidates that may pack up in later life of the machine.

21 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I’m not sure lack of dealer network would put me off that much- particularly if reflected in price. These modern Japanese diggers are so reliable it’s almost a given that you’ll get 4-5000 hrs out of a 3 tonner with out too much issue with regular servicing and a good operator.  I’ve had 4 takeuchis now in the last 10 years and aside from tracks and hoses/servicing I’ve not had to replace any major components at all. And really most of the parts can be sourced aftermarket anyway- pump, track motors, tracks hoses, pins and bushes- all the usual candidates that may pack up in later life of the machine.

Agree mostly but if I’m buying new I still want a dealer that i know will answer the phone in six months time otherwise just buy second hand and take a chance. 

7 hours ago, LeeGray said:

I’d go sv26 if you have a dealer near who can supply what you want. I’ve gone to doosan dx27 from yanmar and it’s very poor. Power, geometry, cab etc just not as good. Wish I’d demo’d One for a week first.

When I was looking sv26 with two proportional lines was £25ish there was also new one on eBay for £22k picture had twin lines but dealer couldn’t guarantee it would be the same machine, the yanmar network seams very haphazard (certainly up here) and this may be reflected in price . Kobelco do same machine but £5k more for blue paint job but I think much better dealer network. 

That's worrying. What Yanmar are you comparing it to? For the money you'd think it would be the mutts nuts- the E27 is one of the more expensive machines on the market. How much did you pay?

Edit- I've just checked the specs, and on paper the Bobcat E27 has more bucket force, substantially more dipperstick force for the same max reach, more dump height and slightly faster tracking. The only place it gives ground to the Yanmar is a slightly slower slew, but if that translates to slew torque then the above makes it sounds like it would make a better arb digger for handling timber and loading fires.

Edited by doobin

On 28/05/2019 at 16:21, Stihl123 said:

good news, i got the TB016 on friday

i'm looking and putting a thumb on it but won't to know if there is a way to do it without having to weld onto the digger

has anyone on here managed to fab some kind of grab or grapple without using any other fixing points to the digger other than just the standard hitch. any ideas welcome. thanks ?

20190527_154835.jpg

what size pins are they as i may have a grapple here for it.

13 hours ago, doobin said:

That's worrying. What Yanmar are you comparing it to? For the money you'd think it would be the mutts nuts- the E27 is one of the more expensive machines on the market. How much did you pay?

Edit- I've just checked the specs, and on paper the Bobcat E27 has more bucket force, substantially more dipperstick force for the same max reach, more dump height and slightly faster tracking. The only place it gives ground to the Yanmar is a slightly slower slew, but if that translates to slew torque then the above makes it sounds like it would make a better arb digger for handling timber and loading fires.

B25v, predecessor of the sv26.

i looked at the specs a lot too but it doesn’t translate to real world. I was won over by the fact it was local and by tight pins, comfortable seat, stuff that worked etc but all new machine would have that.Try them all on demo first for at least a week would be my advice.

Is yours the dx27 or the dx27z? How old? 

Edit- just worked it out. The dx27z is the only one they do, and it’s different from any of the new bobcat ones. Looks like the e10, e17 and e19 have doosan equivalents but then the dx27z has a yanmar engine rather than kubota, and less spec than the bobcat e27z. The bobcat e27 has a bigger engine than either and much more power. 

Edited by doobin

41 minutes ago, doobin said:

Is yours the dx27 or the dx27z? How old? 

Edit- just worked it out. The dx27z is the only one they do, and it’s different from any of the new bobcat ones. Looks like the e10, e17 and e19 have doosan equivalents but then the dx27z has a yanmar engine rather than kubota, and less spec than the bobcat e27z. The bobcat e27 has a bigger engine than either and much more power. 

Not trying to put you off but suspect paper specs might not stand up to real world performance. Local groundwork contractor ran bobcat 2.8ts for years but had a bad experience with his latest which was a Bobcat zero 2.8t (not sure exact model no) said he couldn’t live with it and ended up trading it in for a Hitachi (which I’ve used as is a good machine zx27, but think they’ve stopped doing conventional tails in this size now).

I think you will bitterly regret going for a zero 2.8t for arb work. If access is that much of an issue you’d just put your smaller machine in there anyway. The great thing about the Yanmar sv26 is it is 1550mm wide AND conventional tail- stable as they get. Less HP than the bobcat but bigger displacement....

Edited by Matthew Storrs

12 minutes ago, donnk said:

my old table from when i was looking at 3 tonners, the E26 is a good competitor to the kubota albeit with a lot less power.

image.png.7a58fd471747a53f2477520d69efb88a.png

Not sure where you found those figures but Kx17-4 was 20kw but the newer Kx030-4 has dropped to 17.7, it is the only one that had 4 cylinders though. Have you looked at the Volvo EC27D Doobin- might be a contender?