Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I like simple! I think all operators should start out on a bog basic machine (not even tilties,thumbs) for a few years- learn about what can be gained from working with the terrain, machine placement etc working a site strategically and efficiently. Wonders can be performed with just a bucket and a bladed machine in the right hands. 

Never going to happen, the demise of the Foreman on sites has seen to that.

The rise of the ‘arm out the pickup window’ men in the job have done for any sort of structure or standards on sites.

Machines are seen as just another toy in the box to use, and no thought that they can make you as much collateral damage as safe productive work.

Eddie.

On 12/04/2019 at 19:26, LGP Eddie said:

Loads of stuff coming through from various sources at the massive Bauma show. 

Someone here may be handy at German, I’ve not a clue how it works, but this new Kx019-4 Kubota is supposed to have 4 yes Four Auxiliary circuits?

Used to be impossible to get a second one, but manufacturers are waking up fast that guys don’t just dig and use a breaker on them now.

Powertilt and Grab on this little beast!

Eddie.

yeah my 030-4 has the same. Kubota are leading the way for sure.

11 hours ago, donnk said:

So how are four separate Auxiliary circuits controlled?

Rockers in each joystick will obviously do two, but do you have changeover switches or pedal for the others?

Eddie.

11 hours ago, donnk said:

Rockers in each joystick will obviously do two, but do you have changeover switches or pedal for the others?

Eddie.

8 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Eddie.

mine is same as the one in the video 2 sets of aux lines on the dipper

Just wanted to give a quick heads up, as many on here know I help a lot of guys behind the scenes to spec their own machine setups, and have built/sold a few, with the oldest Kubota still out there front line nearly 10 years since it was built.

I’ve been selling quite a few attachments without really pushing things, guys normally find me and I do my best to help them out, but I’m now ramping things up to a position where I’m able to offer ready to go full spec machines or sit down and commission one to your exact requirements.

The Liebherr Big Feller is staying, I really don’t want to lose touch with doing the job front line, with a couple more setups going together to take that hopefully to the next level in the pipeline.

An unashamed plug, I’ve currently got the incredible JCB JS145 Long Reach setup available as a full ready to go package advertised.

I’ll advertise the JCB through the proper channels here with full spec, but I hope to help guys into machines that are specced right for their business and provide solutions that I’d be happy to take to work myself.

12B21583-6023-4868-A77C-43A0D552BBB7.thumb.jpeg.3c6e46190a817b3781b5261aa9cfa2e5.jpeg

F1C47F85-F5AA-4354-8DEF-8A65C53899C1.thumb.jpeg.39c2942cf5238fdb6dce31a51e3271ec.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 4

A real nice bit of innovation from Engcon shown in prototype form at the recent Bauma show.

Basically it uses the Detachable Gripper mounting point to fix a variety of attachments, but the Saw Cassette was of most interest.

Obviously this isn’t the correct grab setup for it, but I can envisage if they can get this right, it’ll be a great addition working with an Intermercato Grab or the like.

A few seconds and one turn of a spanner removes it, no hoses or connectors required.

They also had a form of Hedgecutter available.

58449496-5B70-4431-A497-AE84A1C037B3.jpeg.8f33cd198b61066e6dcf70b0d77c922a.jpeg

63024427-5FAF-4FA6-9ADA-A6B92CAE00A4.jpeg.de5dc0c2646b7f9ac7ef02c96171984f.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 1

Contracting to another company to assist with felling works on a golf course. A fair bit of brash burnt and timber stacked over the last few days. The 6 tonner proving that it’s more than capable on the larger sites with a bit of methodology and a reasonable operator. All timber cut to 7 or 14ft for extraction in a couple of weeks time 

48543964-137A-4474-8F24-5DFD55A6EA21.jpeg

1DB8C42F-C063-4FDC-90AE-763157BC1022.jpeg

8DFCFE1C-6C77-4B38-BFBD-BC8D498C611F.jpeg

• Like 6