Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

1 hour ago, LGP Eddie said:

That Kubota was setup different to most with what John and myself would call a full fat install. Basically the two single auxiliary circuits are actually plumbed up to be combined into a single circuit running through two pipes each side of the Dipper for maximum flow, and return.

You can do this because it now has a control system and only needs a single flow/return to the Engcon valve block, where the control system will decide how it’s utilised. 

That means the flow goes into the Ec-Oil Blocks via two 1/2” pipes which matches the twin 1/2” fittings in them and returns the same.

This makes for a very tidy install and is easily capable of handling the 100ltr/min the Kubota puts out.

What about a case drain - did you plumb it direct into the tank line in the head? Or do VD motors not need one? 

7 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

What about a case drain - did you plumb it direct into the tank line in the head? Or do VD motors not need one? 

Returning down the main returns, plenty of options with a case drain if you know what you’re doing.

Eddie.

Simplest answer is the Variable Torque Motor is always trying to get the maximum from the flow available itself, no settings to make, just give it what you’ve got in terms of oil from the carrier machine.
The bit to be concerned with is it holds on an awful lot longer when in material by producing more torque, and this translates into the ability to almost eliminate a stall situation when operating.
However if you do pull the head speed right down, the recovery time is literally instantaneous, which all put together over the course of a shift make a huge difference.
I waited a couple of weeks to get my version and had to put a very good client who I was part way through a large Rhodie clearance on hold.
However once the new Head was Installed with VT Motor they came to me after around three days and said if we didn’t actually know you’d switched the head on the machine, we could accuse you of tossing it off on your last visit, such is the production increase!

This was actually install day, first time this had ever been done through Ec-Oil with no hoses or wires to connect.
It had doubters but went on and is still performing perfectly to this day.
The doors are controlled by the rollers in the Joysticks that normally do the Tilt and Rotate, with the actual Mulcher activated via a latching on/off button on the Joystick.
Its actually only being fed here from a tiny bit of flow that’s coming from the feeder valve for the Engcon unit to activate the door, but you can see/hear how crisp it is.
Totally different when you turn her up flat out and press the actual joystick  button for full flow, it really flew then!
Still be a good setup today.[emoji106]

Playing for the camera![emoji3]

Eddie.

At the moment the only company I can see who offer a vtm on a small head is Seppi but I'm guessing it's not a complicated thing to ask for other manufacturers to add in construction, I don't like the look of the Seppi as the motor is just purched on top and looks a bit vulnerable. The FAE looks incredibly bulky compared to some but the niubo seems to be getting favorable reviews and looks well built. IMG-20190406-WA0004.jpegIMG-20190406-WA0006.jpegIMG-20190406-WA0008.jpeg
Just made this up for the digger from a old Boughton I've had sat in the shed for years and first test in the yard had it pulling some big logs with no problems and from what I could tell very little pull to the hitch.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I don’t know why they don’t just tee them into the tank line off the motor as a matter of course. If everything else is plumbed correctly then it isn’t an issue. 

Not as simple as that unfortunately. All depends on what pressure the return lines can spike to and what the rating of the motor seal is.

Eddie.

20 minutes ago, Gray git said:

At the moment the only company I can see who offer a vtm on a small head is Seppi but I'm guessing it's not a complicated thing to ask for other manufacturers to add in construction, I don't like the look of the Seppi as the motor is just purched on top and looks a bit vulnerable. The FAE looks incredibly bulky compared to some but the niubo seems to be getting favorable reviews and looks well built. IMG-20190406-WA0004.jpegIMG-20190406-WA0006.jpegIMG-20190406-WA0008.jpeg
Just made this up for the digger from a old Boughton I've had sat in the shed for years and first test in the yard had it pulling some big logs with no problems and from what I could tell very little pull to the hitch.

Femac do some VT motors on their heads.

I wouldn’t say the FAE has any excess bulk? They’re built for the job and well proven, not the cheapest that’s for certain!

Eddie.

Loads of stuff coming through from various sources at the massive Bauma show. 

Someone here may be handy at German, I’ve not a clue how it works, but this new Kx019-4 Kubota is supposed to have 4 yes Four Auxiliary circuits?

Used to be impossible to get a second one, but manufacturers are waking up fast that guys don’t just dig and use a breaker on them now.

Powertilt and Grab on this little beast!

Eddie.

Getting all a bit technical for me, get yourself a farmer with a manitou and forks and the job will get done efficiently and effectively!

So many guys are on machines and don’t know how the material is going to work, then you come across a good operator with nothing more than a toothy bucket on a 20 tonner and life becomes simple again.

316D4FC9-D878-4D33-9CB7-DD4E4A5E7429.jpeg

9A59D2DB-9429-476A-807B-6388CA3A04A5.jpeg

4 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Loads of stuff coming through from various sources at the massive Bauma show. 

Someone here may be handy at German, I’ve not a clue how it works, but this new Kx019-4 Kubota is supposed to have 4 yes Four Auxiliary circuits?

Used to be impossible to get a second one, but manufacturers are waking up fast that guys don’t just dig and use a breaker on them now.

Powertilt and Grab on this little beast!

Eddie.

Those hoses need tidying up a  bit. Far too vulnurable like that!

11 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Getting all a bit technical for me, get yourself a farmer with a manitou and forks and the job will get done efficiently and effectively!

So many guys are on machines and don’t know how the material is going to work, then you come across a good operator with nothing more than a toothy bucket on a 20 tonner and life becomes simple again.

316D4FC9-D878-4D33-9CB7-DD4E4A5E7429.jpeg

9A59D2DB-9429-476A-807B-6388CA3A04A5.jpeg

I like simple! I think all operators should start out on a bog basic machine (not even tilties,thumbs) for a few years- learn about what can be gained from working with the terrain, machine placement etc working a site strategically and efficiently. Wonders can be performed with just a bucket and a bladed machine in the right hands. 

• Like 2